What Is Wrong With Rowand

Cubs Suck23

Last year he had a very powerful season with over 20 Hr's but this year he has only 5 Hr's and 36 Rbi's.

He has got alot of clutch hits this year but wondering what happen to his power and aganist some pitchers he looks overmatched.

I hope he can turn it aroud.. Does anyone else feel the same way..

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's nothing wrong with Rowand, he had a season last year that was out of nowhere, and now he is reverting back to his form. Not that he is a horrible player, but his pace last year was ridiculously inconsistent from what he is...

QUOTE(thelatinoheat_30 @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 08:55 PM)
i'm more disturbed by his bad decision-making in the outfield.  offensively, he has to learn to lay off the slow stuff in the dirt away, he always strikes out on that.

Bad decesion making? Are you drunk?

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 08:03 PM)
Bad decesion making?  Are you drunk?

i guess you really don't watch the games after all. like today, he threw towards third base when he had no business doing it and threw the ball away, costing freddy a run on the play when he shoulda thrown the ball to second to keep the dp in order. last week, he did a similar thing where he shoulda thrown the ball in to second and instead tried to throw em out @ third and also backfired. both times, he had little chance to get the lead guy and both times dj pointed it out. and in this same series vs. the tigers, he threw a horrible throw to the plate when he had NO CHANCE, and the guy who got the hit took second on the throw. he has to do the fundamental things right. AND PLEASE BEFORE MAKING ANYMORE STUPID COMMENTS, WATCH A GAME OR TWO.

Edited by thelatinoheat_30

QUOTE(thelatinoheat_30 @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 08:09 PM)
i guess you really don't watch the games after all.  like today, he threw towards third base when he had no business doing it and threw the ball away, costing freddy a run on the play when he shoulda thrown the ball to second to keep the dp in order.  last week, he did a similar thing where he shoulda thrown the ball in to second and instead tried to throw em out @ third and also backfired.  both times, he had little chance to get the lead guy and both times dj pointed it out.  and in this same series vs. the tigers, he threw a horrible throw to the plate when he had NO CHANCE, and the guy who got the hit took second on the throw.  he has to do the fundamental things right.  AND PLEASE BEFORE MAKING ANYMORE STUPID COMMENTS, WATCH A GAME OR TWO.

I think that when he was throwing great in that A's series it got him kind of cocky. Bad play today,he had that guy at second. He also threw home yesterday allowing the man to go to second. He had no chance on either play. :banghead

QUOTE(That funky motion @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 02:14 AM)
I think that when he was throwing great in that A's series it got him kind of cocky. Bad play today,he had that guy at second. He also threw home yesterday allowing the man to go to second. He had no chance on either play. :banghead

I agree. Besides that A's series, his arm has been subpar this season. Not only that, but the one play where Hawk orgasmed over was a throw from extremely, extremely shallow centerfield. Rowand's defense is the least of my worries about him though.

QUOTE(thelatinoheat_30 @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 08:09 PM)
i guess you really don't watch the games after all. 

AND PLEASE BEFORE MAKING ANYMORE STUPID COMMENTS, WATCH A GAME OR TWO.

Take me on Smart guy...

I'm a season ticket holder. I've seen almost all the home games...live. I sit right behind home plate in the first few rows in the upper deck. I see his defensive postioning before pitches and for every batter. I can see the WHOLE field and watch WHOLE plays develop. Something you CAN'T do watching TV.

I've seen the way he backs up his teammates, takes great routes to the ball, makes the correct throw, hits the cutoff man...etc. He is a great defensive outfielder who makes great decisions.

I COMPLETELY disagree with you on your "scouting report" and agree with SS2K5 that you must be drunk.

Now...is there anything more you'd like to add.

If Rowand was on a team like the Rangers, Yankees, or Red Sox, he'd be the perfect CF for that team. However, on a team where you have a few other players who are defensive players (Crede and Uribe this season), his lack of offensive production sticks out a little more. The only recommendation I'd give Ozzie is to not be afraid to bench Rowand against RHP pitchers will real good sliders. Rowand doesn't adjust very well to the ball moving away from him.

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 09:19 PM)
Take me on Smart guy...

I'm a season ticket holder. I've seen almost all the home games...live. I sit right behind home plate in the first few rows in the upper deck. I see his defensive postioning before pitches and for every batter. I can see the WHOLE field and watch WHOLE plays develop. Something you CAN'T do watching TV.

I've seen the way he backs up his teammates, takes great routes to the ball, makes the correct throw, hits the cutoff man...etc. He is a great defensive outfielder who makes great decisions.

I COMPLETELY disagree with you on your "scouting report" and agree with SS2K5 that you must be drunk.

Ditto

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 12:23 PM)
If Rowand was on a team like the Rangers, Yankees, or Red Sox, he'd be the perfect CF for that team.  However, on a team where you have a few other players who are defensive players (Crede and Uribe this season), his lack of offensive production sticks out a little more.  The only recommendation I'd give Ozzie is to not be afraid to bench Rowand against RHP pitchers will real good sliders.  Rowand doesn't adjust very well to the ball moving away from him.

He had that big weakness at the start of last season where he just couldn't hit anything at all that was low and away. Looks like he still may have that problem.

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 08:19 PM)
Take me on Smart guy...

What about his play in this series?

QUOTE(That funky motion @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 08:25 PM)
What about his play in this series?

Even a .300 hitter fails 7 times to hit a ball.

But I understand the short term memory of a lot of fans, especially after a loss.

Edited by RibbieRubarb

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 08:19 PM)
Take me on Smart guy...

funny how you didn't say i was wrong. what was the point of that? i know he's good defensively, just pointing out that he's had a few lapses lately. obviously you are drunk or you and that other guy are buddies, cause what i commented on is EXACTLY what DJ commented on. i don't think he'd be allowed on-air drunk. dj can also see the whole field, whose word am i gonna take? dj, a former pro player, or you, someone who obviously overlooks mistakes by his players. easy choice.(and it's not you)

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 02:25 AM)
He had that big weakness at the start of last season where he just couldn't hit anything at all that was low and away. Looks like he still may have that problem.

Rowand hit the ball with a lot more authority last season. It's obvious his bat speed is not the same as it was. There's a few different theories on why this is......it's just a matter of who you want to believe.

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 09:19 PM)
Take me on Smart guy...

no one can argue this, just look at his back-up of podsednik.

my worry does not lie in his defense, but rather, his offense.

QUOTE(Cubs Suck23 @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 02:30 AM)
I think the Sox should look into trading him either for a starting pitcher or an OF with alot of power and have Pods move to CF

Pods is brutal in CF. He struggles enough in LF getting a read on the ball, and he's looked even worse in CF. I definitely don't think Rowand should be an untouchable. Especially with Anderson lurking, for the right player, Rowand could get traded. He just hasn't shown me enough this season for me to believe something wasn't legit last season.