What Is Wrong With Rowand

Cubs Suck23

QUOTE(thelatinoheat_30 @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 09:09 PM)
i guess you really don't watch the games after all.  like today, he threw towards third base when he had no business doing it and threw the ball away, costing freddy a run on the play when he shoulda thrown the ball to second to keep the dp in order.  last week, he did a similar thing where he shoulda thrown the ball in to second and instead tried to throw em out @ third and also backfired.  both times, he had little chance to get the lead guy and both times dj pointed it out.  and in this same series vs. the tigers, he threw a horrible throw to the plate when he had NO CHANCE, and the guy who got the hit took second on the throw.  he has to do the fundamental things right.  AND PLEASE BEFORE MAKING ANYMORE STUPID COMMENTS, WATCH A GAME OR TWO.

Which apparently is all you've watched. :rolly

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread cracks me up....

You'll all ready to dump Rowand because he's not putting up as many power numbers? Isn't that the whole Ozzie Ball line of thinking... It sounds like some of you had him in line to take over what Maggs or Carlos was putting up power wise. As much as I like Rowand that just isn't going to happen...

He has the second highest average on the team among every day players and has an OBP of .340 so he's getting on base at a decent rate at least...

But he's not hitting HR's so lets just get rid of him... :lol:

Seriously you want to look at someone who we should find a replacement for look no further then Uribe....

.236 average .267 OBP...

I think he needs to go back to being a bench player and see how that works out for him...

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 02:14 AM)
Uribe makes more than Rowand in his 3 year deal. Just some food for thought.

Thats just makes no sense to me at all. They are terrrific defensively but Rowand is better offensively and he is more consistent. No contest. Uribe has got to be the streakiest hitter on our lineup, followed by Konerko.

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 09:33 PM)
Let me be perfectly clear.

You never metioned "lately". You were talking about Aaron's defense as a whole.

If you meant, just this series, you were not clear.

But your attack on SS2k5 was neither nice, appropiate nor smart.

I wouldnt call SS2k5's comments appropriate or smart eihter.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 07:58 AM)
And if you feel the need to be a complete dumbass when you argue a point, find somewhere else to post.

Dude did you really need to put this in :headshake Make your point and leave it at that.

With these comments there will be attacking from both sides, RibbieRubarb. You expect latino_heat30 to take this bulls***. :huh

QUOTE(Ozzie Montana @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 08:30 AM)

Dude did you really need to put this in :headshake Make your point and leave it at that. 

With these comments there will be attacking from both sides, RibbieRubarb.  You expect latino_heat30  to take this bulls***. :huh

Actually I did. I am tired of people thinking they can say what ever they want because they are in some super secret message board. And I really don't need a lecture on how to post, I think I can handle it. If he doesn't want to take BS, he probably shouldn't be dishing it out in the first place.

QUOTE(Ozzie Montana @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 07:30 AM)

Dude did you really need to put this in :headshake   Make your point and leave it at that. 

With these comments there will be attacking from both sides, RibbieRubarb.  You expect latino_heat30  to take this bulls***.   :huh

I expect people to act with some decorum. This is not an anonymous message board, ala ESPN or MLB.com. A lot of people here know each other. The atmosphere is is that of a group of friends at a tailgate or sports bar, hashing out the headlines. SS2k5's comments about him being drunk were toungue-in-cheek. Anyone who reads his posts would know that. (You can't miss them)

latino_heat was trying to be BMOC like they do on other message boards. That is not tolereated here.

He can post whatever he wants about Rowand. But be prepared to back it up with facts and logical reasoning, because there are smart people here who will do just that toward the opposite opinion. Replying with faux-macho BS is childish and makes his position one of mockery, not trust.

Edited by RibbieRubarb

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 07:34 AM)
Actually I did.  I am tired of people thinking they can say what ever they want because they are in some super secret message board.  And I really don't need a lecture on how to post, I think I can handle it.  If he doesn't want to take BS, he probably shouldn't be dishing it out in the first place.

Things that popped into my head which I could compare to giving a lecture to SS2K on message board posting:

1. Lecturing a spider on constructing a spiderweb.

2. Teaching the earth to orbit the sun.

3. Instructing a 2 month old baby on how to cry

4. Enlightening Sox fans on the fine points of being a whiny, never happy and extremely paranoid fandom.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 09:03 PM)
Bad decesion making?  Are you drunk?

This is your first remark after latino was talking about Rowand and only Rowand, not you. Look at the first page. And you end with...

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 08:34 AM)
If he doesn't want to take BS, he probably shouldn't be dishing it out in the first place.

What. You expect him to not respond to "Are you drunk"

Edited by Ozzie Montana

QUOTE(Ozzie Montana @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 09:10 AM)
This is your first remark after latino was talking about Rowand and only Rowand, not you.  Look at the first page.  And you end it with...

What. You expect him to not respond to "Are you drunk"

Read Ribbie's response and then come up with whatever you want to say to stir the pot somemore...

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 09:19 PM)
Take me on Smart guy...

I'm a season ticket holder. I've seen almost all the home games...live. I sit right behind home plate in the first few rows in the upper deck. I see his defensive postioning before pitches and for every batter. I can see the WHOLE field and watch WHOLE plays develop. Something you CAN'T do watching TV.

I've seen the way he backs up his teammates, takes great routes to the ball, makes the correct throw, hits the cutoff man...etc. He is a great defensive outfielder who makes great decisions.

I COMPLETELY disagree with you on your "scouting report" and agree with SS2K5 that you must be drunk.

Now...is there anything more you'd like to add.

Im not talking about Ribbie. But since you mentioned it, he came up with a legit answer. He analyzed what he sees. He didnt challenge him by saying Are You Drunk.

All you did was insult the guy.

Now just drop it and lets get on with our lives. Ive spoken my mind.

Edited by Ozzie Montana

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 09:17 AM)
OM...

If he has an issue why don't you let him speak for himself.. .?  :huh

People have been jumping in from both sides of this spat. Perhaps both parties should take it to IM's and let this die on the board.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 09:19 AM)
People have been jumping in from both sides of this spat.  Perhaps both parties should take it to IM's and let this die on the board.

To each their own..

I just found the argument strange.