maybe this is why

thelatinoheat_30

i dont know why he pitched that 9th innning because that was the 4th time the Tigers had seen him. I think maybe Cotts should have been in earlier, but its hard to say what would have happened. And it sounds bad to bash Ozzies decsions because of the outcome but, in my opinion i think Freddy was tired. Go Chi-Sox

Edited by wilmot825

Hawk commented on something that I speculated for a month or so now. Freddy doesn't seem to take his bullpen and mound warm ups very seriously. Just plays catch with the catcher between innings instead of getting a feel for the conditions and finding his release point.

I think the team as a whole played like a bunch of dummies today.

QUOTE(wilmot825 @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 09:00 PM)
i dont know why he pitched that 9th innning because that was the 4th time the Tigers had seen him. I think maybe Cotts should have been in earlier, but its hard to say what would have happened. And it sounds bad to bash Ozzies decsions because of the outcome but, in my opinion i think Freddy was tired.  Go Chi-Sox

your right on target, i'll take it one step further: ozzie cost em the game today. freddy shoulda never been in there, esp. after the rain delay, in the 9th. politte shoulda started from the beginning. after the runs we scored in the 9th, we woulda won if those guys freddy let on base hadn't scored.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 03:42 AM)
Hawk commented on something that I speculated for a month or so now. Freddy doesn't seem to take his bullpen and mound warm ups very seriously. Just plays catch with the catcher between innings instead of getting a feel for the conditions and finding his release point.

Garcia has never been known as a fierce competitor.

That rain delay came at a horrible time. Freddy was doing his normal, let up runs in the first, get hit a bit in the 2nd but don't let anything up and then all the sudden he's ready to go, he was starting to find a groove and then POOF, rain. He comes back out after the delay and it's like another first inning for him. Then ozzie left him out there a bit to long as well, s*** happens unfortunately.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 09:59 PM)
There has got to be something done during pregame warmups. Coop needs to get Garcia on a different routine, because everyone is getting sick of the same old 2 runs in the 1st inning almost every game. It has really become just a normal thing. It needs to be addressed, fast.

i concur

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 03:46 AM)
Garcia has never been known as a fierce competitor.

Never heard this before. Just wish he would be more prepared so we don't have to play from behind in the 1st inning.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 10:42 PM)

I have no doubts that they were looking forward to the Boston series, putting it on cruise control against the Tigers.