Spyware

GoodAsGould

Use them all. They are small programs and what one may miss, the other finds. The advanatge of Microsoft's entry is the free version allows automatic scheduling and updates. Ad-Aware and Spybot are excellent programs also.

QUOTE(YahtzeeSox @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 02:49 AM)
Ad-aware.

I guy I work with and I fight over whether that one or the Microsoft version was better. He INSISTS that the Ad-aware free version is better than Microsoft. but the microsoft version has more options and I have run it after Ad-aware and found stuff Ad-aware didnt find.

QUOTE(knightni @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 01:35 AM)
The microsoft one is 1000x better than anything else on the market.

Plus until the end of this month IT IS FREE.

Wait, they are going to start charging for it?

DAMN! Microsoft is a money hungry company. THey have an OS that is riddled with bugs that allow viruses andspyware. And they are going to CHARGE uses to fix the problem. I knew there was a reason I am going Mac.

QUOTE(YahtzeeSox @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 12:09 PM)
And Athomeboy. You can also run Adaware after a Microsoft one and find things Microsoft didn't find. It's all about if one has ad definitions the other doesn't.

Oh, I'm not complaining about that. I am refering to Microsoft releasing a flaued OS then potentially CHARGING to fix the errors that are within it.

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 12:45 PM)
Oh, I'm not complaining about that. I am refering to Microsoft releasing a flaued OS then potentially CHARGING to fix the errors that are within it.

People are going to find a way to get spyware, pop-ups, etc. onto your computer no matter how secure the OS is built.

There are plenty of free spyware removers, anti-virus software and firewalls that you can get.

Using Firefox Mozilla instead of IE helps as well. ;)

Edited by Iwritecode