rowand

sec159row2

I'm surprised there was only reference to rowand batting fifth... last year when he was putting together a awesome second half wasn't he batting 1st or 2nd? this year he's been doing well when they put him in the two hole, but that's happened 3-4 times... i'm not sure of the exact # but he hasn't been batting 2nd enough...

QUOTE(sec159row2 @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 09:38 AM)
I'm surprised there was only reference to rowand batting fifth... last year when he was putting together a awesome second half wasn't he batting 1st or 2nd?  this year he's been doing well when they put him in the two hole, but that's happened 3-4 times... i'm not sure of the exact # but he hasn't been batting 2nd enough...

Great southside minds must think alike. I was pissed when I saw Rowand batting 6th? yesterday, since he had been hitting so well lately batting in the 3 spot. It seems like whenever they bump him down to 5th or 6th, he doesn't hit nearly as well. With the way Frank's swinging the bat, I'd rather have him bat 4, Rowand bat 2, move Gooch to 3rd, and switch Konerko and Dye.

QUOTE(Wong & Owens @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 09:41 AM)
Great southside minds must think alike.  I was pissed when I saw Rowand batting 6th? yesterday, since he had been hitting so well lately batting in the 3 spot.  It seems like whenever they bump him down to 5th or 6th, he doesn't hit nearly as well.  With the way Frank's swinging the bat, I'd rather have him bat 4, Rowand bat 2, move Gooch to 3rd, and switch Konerko and Dye.

Ozzie is not going to do that much shuffling to the lineup until the Sox tank badly. It's worked up to this point. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 09:42 AM)
Ozzie really needs to put Konerko down in the lineup.  He is a terrible #4 hitter.

The whole middle of the line up is terrible right now. Especially with Carl on the bench lately, we don't get many big hits out of those guys.

The Sox had the best record last season when Aaron Rowand hit 7th in the lineup. He just doesn't have enough power for the #3 spot at this point in time. If he picks it up to last season's form, then yeah he should be in the #3 spot.

Edited by DBAH0

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 09:42 AM)
Ozzie really needs to put Konerko down in the lineup.  He is a terrible #4 hitter.

I agree. He is too streaky and lately he has been pulling everything to the third baseman. He seems to be struggling in the clutch. With runners on he is batting .242 / with RISP he's batting .227 / and with RISP with 2 outs has plummeted to .143

J. Dye's stats are almost identical to Paulie's. Everett is the solution but he doesnt play every day>>> runner on .342 / RISP .311 / RISP with 2 outs .360. If Ozzie could find him more playing time and leave Frank on the bench more, Everett would fit in the number 4 spot. Everett is second on the team in rbi's with limited playing time.

Edited by Ozzie Montana

QUOTE(Ozzie Montana @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 09:51 AM)
I agree.  He is too streaky and lately he has been pulling everything to the third baseman.  He seems to be struggling in the clutch.  With runners on he is batting .242 / with RISP he's batting .227 / and with RISP with 2 outs has plummeted to .143

J. Dye's stats are almost identical to Paulie's.  Everett is the solution but he doesnt play every day>>>  runner on .342 /  RISP  .311 / RISP with 2 outs .360.  If Ozzie could find him more playing time and leave Frank on the bench more, Everett would fit in the number 4 spot.  Everett is second on the team in rbi's with limited playing time.

Add to that Frank's worse stats in the same situations, and you have a blackhole in the middle of the line up.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 08:40 AM)
That's Iguchi's spot in the lineup.  Period.

Exactly, someone said it before but the 1-2 spots in the order have been the high spots of the batting year all season, without those 2 guys this offense would be dead. Anyways I agree with 2k5, Carl needs more ab's whether it's filling in for Frank, Jermaine or letting Jermaine play first base, Carl needs to be in there.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 09:02 AM)
Have you got one for Frank?

Franks isnt to bad. Plus he doesnt have enough AB's to make it a blood bath.

Now Crede and AJ on the other had. When you look at it you have dueling blood baths. We have way to many pull hitters on our team when you look at these charts. Hence why they have such low BAs.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 10:10 AM)
Franks isnt to bad.  Plus he doesnt have enough AB's to make it a blood bath. 

Now Crede and AJ on the other had.  When you look at it you have dueling blood baths.  We have way to many pull hitters on our team when you look at these charts.  Hence why they have such low BAs.

I'd be curious to see Franks hitting chart.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 09:10 AM)
Franks isnt to bad.  Plus he doesnt have enough AB's to make it a blood bath. 

Now Crede and AJ on the other had.  When you look at it you have dueling blood baths.  We have way to many pull hitters on our team when you look at these charts.  Hence why they have such low BAs.

Thing is AJ's whole career he's been a great hitter to all fields, he'll snap out of it, he's just been slumping for a bit. I agree though, aj's been pulling everything but with the way he's handled the pitching staff this year I won't ride him about his offense cause that's secondary.

QUOTE(sec159row2 @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 09:38 AM)
I'm surprised there was only reference to rowand batting fifth... last year when he was putting together a awesome second half wasn't he batting 1st or 2nd?  this year he's been doing well when they put him in the two hole, but that's happened 3-4 times... i'm not sure of the exact # but he hasn't been batting 2nd enough...

he can't bat in the two-hole, because Iguchi has been f***ing perfect there all season. he has been unselfish, and always willing to take care of business... however, i think rowand in the 3 spot would work with frank's struggles.

something like this.

podsednik

iguchi

rowand

dye

thomas

konerko

pierzynski

crede

uribe

?? the only problem there is having thomas and konerko in the lineup! haha.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 09:12 AM)
Thing is AJ's whole career he's been a great hitter to all fields, he'll snap out of it, he's just been slumping for a bit.  I agree though, aj's been pulling everything but with the way he's handled the pitching staff this year I won't ride him about his offense cause that's secondary.

I agree his handling of the pitching staff is great. I think because his status is kind of in limbo after this year. They should extend a contract offer to him and get that off his mind. I think he is going for homers to prove he can pop for power like other catchers.

This guy was a sox killer when he hit to all fields. He can do it again. There was an article during the sox-cubs series about how they had recognized that he was pulling the ball too much and he was working on hitting to left and left center.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 09:26 AM)
I agree his handling of the pitching staff is great.  I think because his status is kind of in limbo after this year.  They should extend a contract offer to him and get that off his mind.  I think he is going for homers to prove he can pop for power like other catchers. 

This guy was a sox killer when he hit to all fields. He can do it again.  There was an article during the sox-cubs series about how they had recognized that he was pulling the ball too much and he was working on hitting to left and left center.

I've heard AJ say a couple times that him and Walk are trying to get his left center field stroke back, basically he's just not seeing the ball well right now, he's trying to get that stroke back he's just not there yet. He'll get there though.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 09:24 AM)
he can't bat in the two-hole, because Iguchi has been f***ing perfect there all season.  he has been unselfish, and always willing to take care of business... however, i think rowand in the 3 spot would work with frank's struggles. 

something like this.

podsednik

iguchi

rowand

dye

thomas

konerko

pierzynski

crede

uribe

??  the only problem there is having thomas and konerko in the lineup! haha.

I don't think he should replace guch, I just thought it was curious that people talking about his low #'s this year failed to mention his spot in the line-up...

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 03:01 PM)
The amazing blood bath chart. 

956ebf1d.jpg

Omg, I never would have guessed Paulie pulls the ball! Why, that's so much different than what he's done EVERY YEAR.

That chart doesn't say crap. Yes, PK is a pull hitter. It's not rare for a power hitter, you know. Giambi at his juiciest was a GREAT hitter, but he was dead pull. If you have the quick hands to turn around a good fb, you'll often be pulling the ball.

Or look at Pujols' hitting chart from last year. The guy can definitely hit it to any field if he wants (even in the home run derby one year, I remember him distributing the ball to center, to left, to right, as the pitch came to him). Still, virtually all his hrs last year are to left, and his gb outs are concentrated on the left side.

If you really look at PK's hitting chart, you notice that the singles are much more evenly distributed around the outfield than in years past. If anything, the chart shows that he has changed his style, that he is going with the pitch more than in years past. Do you expect him to suddenly become a slap hitter like Podsednik? (Whose outs are almost all on the pull side too, btw...)