Alfonso Soriano

rangercal

Would he be worth going after? It would make things complicated on D. But that bat of his can turn our offense around in a hurry. He can easily be a 30-30 guy for years to come if we can sign him long-term. I can see Texas interested in a deal Centered around BMAC.

Things to consider :

Where would we put Soriano on D ?

Can we move tadahito or soriano to SS? I know Tadahito does not have the same arm he once had.

He is in his contract year.

Boston fans seem to think they can get him for Emree and Bellhorn!! :bang

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 02:55 PM)
Would he be worth going after? It would make things complicated on D.  But that bat of his can turn our offense around in a hurry.  He can easily be a 30-30 guy for years to come if we can sign him long-term. I can see Texas interested in a deal Centered around BMAC.

Things to consider :

Can we move tadahito or soriano to SS?  I know Tadahito does not have the same arm he once had.

Boston fans seem to think they can get him for Emree and Bellhorn!!  :bang

The ONLY way I see this happening is if Rowand is included. That would open up CF for Soriano (even though he doesn't want to play CF). And, I don't likey.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 08:55 AM)
Would he be worth going after? It would make things complicated on D.  But that bat of his can turn our offense around in a hurry.  He can easily be a 30-30 guy for years to come if we can sign him long-term. I can see Texas interested in a deal Centered around BMAC.

Things to consider :

Can we move tadahito or soriano to SS?  I know Tadahito does not have the same arm he once had.

doubtful, unless maybe he can sstill play SS, but thats unlikely. i still think houston is the best fit for him, especially now that tehy are in the race.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 09:57 AM)
doubtful, unless maybe he can sstill play SS, but thats unlikely. i still think houston is the best fit for him, especially now that tehy are in the race.

He would be a dream to get. This is a dream season. So why not dream? The fact is , I think we have more than enough to obtain him. It's just a matter of where would he play?

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 10:25 AM)
I like him, but again, as you said there is no where to put him. He doesn't like playing SS(he refused to in Texas and that's why Michael Young was moved to SS) and Tadahito can't anymore from what I hear.

Plus the fact, he's a butcher defensively, strikes out a ton, doesn't walk. He's just not worth it even if there was somewhere to put him.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 11:25 AM)
I like him, but again, as you said there is no where to put him. He doesn't like playing SS(he refused to in Texas and that's why Michael Young was moved to SS) and Tadahito can't anymore from what I hear.

Sounds like a real "team first" kind of guy.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 11:25 AM)

He may have refused to play short ( good thinking on his part because we would be atrocious) but i know for a fact that he would not play the outfield which scared alot of teams away from him. He is not the type of guy i would ever want on the white sox.

I thought about the possbilities of Soriano last night...but there just isn't any way it would work out. There's literally no where to put him unless we traded Gooch, but we won't do that. I don't think he's going back to the Yankees next year as I'm pretty sure they're sticking with their rookie Cano for along time (he's producing pretty well). Houston's rookie 2B Burke is starting to hit as well, so I dunno if they'd want to give up major league pitching to get him this year. However, the Giants DO need a 2B. Durham's on the DL again, and I think his career is winding down. If they traded Schmidt for him, they could resign him to a deal for next year giving them a Soriano-Bonds punch. The Giants are looking for pitching of course, but who knows...

ESPN's Jayson Stark was reportedly told by an official from one MLB team that Alfonso Soriano will most likely be dealt by Sunday's deadline.

''John's asking for the moon right now, from everybody who asks,'' the official said. ''But I'd be willing to bet he'll lower his sights. I bet that will come down by Sunday. Why would they keep him? They've got a ready replacement (in hot prospect Ian Kinsler), and they've got to get more pitching. I think they're serious. They're just trying to bring in as many teams as they can.'' Jul. 27 - 1:16 pm et

from rotoworld

...not that I think it's at all possible for him to end up in a White Sox uni... just some new info

QUOTE(Frank the Tank 35 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 12:25 PM)
ESPN's Jayson Stark was reportedly told by an official from one MLB team that Alfonso Soriano will most likely be dealt by Sunday's deadline.

''John's asking for the moon right now, from everybody who asks,'' the official said. ''But I'd be willing to bet he'll lower his sights. I bet that will come down by Sunday. Why would they keep him? They've got a ready replacement (in hot prospect Ian Kinsler), and they've got to get more pitching. I think they're serious. They're just trying to bring in as many teams as they can.'' Jul. 27 - 1:16 pm et

from rotoworld

...not that I think it's at all possible for him to end up in a White Sox uni... just some new info

Im one of the few who would love to see soriano here.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 02:55 PM)

Things to consider :

Soriano to play where??? This ain't X-box. He can't play short either can Iguchi. Sheesh :huh:

I love that line "this isn't X-Box" :lol

I agree. If we trade for Soriano he's going to spell Iguchi at 2B & be our full time DH. Everett then becomes the 4th OFer.

It's not a bad idea but then we are paying a heavy price for a rental which is a bad idea. I'd rather take on Griffey with Cincy picking up a solid chunk. Let him play the same role & then have him play 1B next year.

Edited by JUGGERNAUT