Minimum Credit Card Payments Doubling

kapkomet

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 02:28 PM)
We pay ours off every month.. and with Discover giving cash back.. AMEX giveing Jim golf points.. and Chase giving us airline miles.. we can't complain. I use credit cards for everything unless I absolutely have to use cash.

I love Discover. :headbang

Its the first card I got when I turned 18 and have had it ever since.

We just signed up for some program from them where we get even more cash back when we use our cards for things like amusement parks, zoos, water parks, etc... We plan on going to a few while on vacation next month. :D

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 05:56 PM)
Nuke, you have a point about people living within their means. It's kind of like when pro athletes or Hollywood people go broke. If a pro athlete is living so extravagantly that he is living check to check and broke at the end of every month, then he is no better off than the average man. Sure he might have nicer s***, but he's stressing about money just like the next man.

When I was younger and we would drive by the big expensive houses in our town my parents would always say "Those people don't have a lot of money. Just bigger bills."

Sometimes it's so true.

QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 11:14 AM)
I love Discover.  :headbang

Its the first card I got when I turned 18 and have had it ever since.

We just signed up for some program from them where we get even more cash back when we use our cards for things like amusement parks, zoos, water parks, etc... We plan on going to a few while on vacation next month.  :D

I was offered and accepted a Citi Dividend MasterCard earlier this year It's the only card I have and I just got a nice dividend check for over a hundred smackers a couple of weeks ago. NICE!

QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 11:16 AM)
When I was younger and we would drive by the big expensive houses in our town my parents would always say "Those people don't have a lot of money. Just bigger bills."

Sometimes it's so true.

Did you see the commercial where the guy brags about his rich lifestyle; his house, car, and country club? Then he says, "how do I do it? I'm in debt up to my eyeballs."

QUOTE(Yossarian @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 06:45 PM)
Did you see the commercial where the guy brags about his rich lifestyle; his house, car, and country club? Then he says, "how do I do it? I'm in debt up to my eyeballs."

The guy on the lawn mower is me. :ph34r: :bang

QUOTE(Yossarian @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 12:45 PM)

I see that ad on CNBC all the time. PRICELESS!!!

QUOTE(Yossarian @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 12:45 PM)

That could so be me if I wanted.

I could have a bigger house, a newer car, Sox season tickets...

Sure I'd be in debt and have to work until the day I die but you can't take it with you right?

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 10:19 AM)
I was offered and accepted a Citi Dividend MasterCard earlier this year It's the only card I have and I just got a nice dividend check for over a hundred smackers a couple of weeks ago.  NICE!

That's basically the same card I've got...I get a nice 5% back on anything I spend at gas stations or grocery stores.