7/21 Game Thread - BoSox vs. ChiSox

DABearSoX

8 hours til gametime......but I always wanted to start one.....

Clement vs. MB gonna be a great matchup..... one question though I was reading on bosox.com that this is Clements first start against us. I could have sworn we have faced him before when he was with the scrubs.....

Lets right the ship with this one tonight and beat the champs.....

Battle of the Sox round 1 (ding ding)

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 09:58 AM)

Clement vs. MB gonna be a great matchup..... one question though I was reading on bosox.com that this is Clements first start against us. I could have sworn we have faced him before when he was with the scrubs.....

We definitely faced Clement before. I'm excited for this series, should be a fun one. GO PALE HOSE!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 09:58 AM)

We need to win this one and tomorrow night before the cubans face the bosox.

:gosox3: :gosox4: :gosoxretro: :gosox2: :bringit

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 04:00 PM)
We need to win this one and tomorrow night before the cubans face the bosox. 

:gosox3:  :gosox4:  :gosoxretro:  :gosox2:  :bringit

I am hoping it was Yankee Stadium and Fenway that got into Jose's head....

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 11:02 AM)
:ph34r: I always say GO SOX in these threads, they're the real sox but I should probably edit that before I get crap for it. :P

Nah! We know where your heart is. :cheers

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 10:03 AM)
Since 2002 he has a 5.06 era in 27.2 innings against us.

The current players on our team have hit him at a .342 clip with an ops of .913

That'll work, hopefully it continues. I hate seeing Scotty in centerfield but this might be a day to give Aaron the day off. qwerty what has aaron hit off Clement?? With that slider I'd think he'd own Aaron but who knows.

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 10:01 AM)
I am hoping it was Yankee Stadium and Fenway that got into Jose's head....

Lifetime 13.50 ERA against the bosox. Methinks it was more of the great hitting team that pounded him, like the tigers did than the aura of Fenway and Yankee stadium.

This is the best hitting team we will face this year. They have the best BA, best OBP, and highest OPS.

This is why this is a true test of our team. Our pitching has to shut down a real sound hitting club while our hitters must get their heads out of their collective asses and get some runs up on the board. The first two games we have shut down type pitchers going for the whitesox. We should win those.

:gosox3: :gosox4: :gosoxretro:

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 04:03 PM)
Since 2002 he has a 5.06 era in 27.2 innings against us.

The current players on our team have hit him at a .342 clip with an ops of .913

Yea I knew we had seen him a lot, under the picture on the Red Sox website says "Matt Clement is making his first start against the White Sox"

must be the change of leagues thing

Uhh as much as I love the Sox and all, going to Sunday's game is gonna blow ass. I get to see slow-ass no-confidence himself, the great Jose Contreras. Uhhh. At least I get to see Bronson Arroyo!

Anyways, aside from my sulking, I think the WHITE Sox are gonna have an awesome series. We gotta get ahead of these guys early and often. RIP EM MB! :gosox3:

Edited by SoxFan1

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 11:05 AM)
That'll work, hopefully it continues.  I hate seeing Scotty in centerfield but this might be a day to give Aaron the day off.  qwerty what has aaron hit off Clement??  With that slider I'd think he'd own Aaron but who knows.

I guess rowand does not have an at-bat against him... which seems odd.

Podsednik pwns him clement.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 10:08 AM)
Uhh as much as I love the Sox and all, going to Sunday's game is gonna blow ass. I get to see slow-ass no-confidence himself, the great Jose Contreras. Uhhh. At least I get to see Bronson Arroyo!

Anyways, aside from my sulking, I think the WHITE Sox are gonna have an awesome series. We gotta get ahead of these guys early and often. RIP EM Jon! :gosox3:

Mark's pitching.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 11:08 AM)

Anyways, aside from my sulking, I think the WHITE Sox are gonna have an awesome series. We gotta get ahead of these guys early and often. RIP EM buehrle! :gosox3:

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 11:10 AM)
Interesting.  Like I said Clement seems like a guy that would own Aaron, if Row is going to get a day off soon, today seems like the day to do it, imo.

Agreed, any right hander that has a good arm is not a good match up for rowand ( main reason he should not bat third against righties)... he is too overmatched at this point.

Edited by qwerty