7/21 Game Thread - BoSox vs. ChiSox

DABearSoX

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 03:25 AM)
''Productive outs''...

GAME.

Don't get me started on the productive outs bulls***. There's no rule that states he can't get a hit when trying to get the runner over. It's not like we've had a lot of success knocking in the runner from 3rd, and less than 2 outs lately.

I see us making the playoffs but doing nothing much like 2000. Say all you want about the record but im looking at the real thing, the World Series, and there aint a chance in hell we making it or going deep in the playoffs unless our 'boppers' wake the f*** up. :angry:

We need to make a couple of moves here before the deadline. I'd like to see Konerko gone and Uribe, and Pierzynski better start doing something or else him too. The only reason id keep him now is because of the way he handle the starters. We just beat ourselves tonight.

Edited by Ozzie Montana

Righties cannot touch cotts. Everyone and their f***ing mother can hit meatball. I am not saying ozzie made a mistake because he didn't ( well actually anytime you put in meatball it is a mistake). I know his numbers looked good the last couple months but his peripherals have been awful the entire year.

What's the difference qwerty? Stop with this. Cotts would not be in there to pitch to Manny Ramirez EVER in that situation. Get a better pitcher is what they need to do, good luck with that, about 20 teams are looking for a good reliever.

QUOTE(Soxfest @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 09:27 PM)
KW we are not playing KC anymore this team NEEDS to add and will have to improve at trade deadline or we may see a first round exit again......DAMMIT

Whoever was saying this is just like 2000 is exactly right. How much you want to bet that we mail in the second half and then go out like a b**** in the 1st round.

QUOTE(Soxfest @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 03:27 AM)
KW we are not playing KC anymore this team NEEDS to add and will have to improve at trade deadline or we may see a first round exit again......DAMMIT

When I saw the quote earlier this week about how we don't need to make any changes, I just f***ing cringed. We received, and took advantage of, so many breaks in the first half, it wasn't even funny. We're not going to receive those types of breaks against these better teams in the 2nd half. Our starting pitching is beginning to slow down also now, and we don't have the offense to overcome that.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 03:28 AM)
You people get to deal with a tough loss.  I get to deal with a tough loss plus have this game shoved down my throat for the whole day tomorrow and tonight.

Now we have to depend on Duque and Contreras to win this series.  If we lose this series, I'll f***ing cry.

I'd be content with winning one game now. There just seems to be an awful feeling surrounding this team right now. I'm not sure why really.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 10:26 PM)
Don't get me started on the productive outs bulls***.  There's no rule that states he can't get a hit when trying to get the runner over.  It's not like we've had a lot of success knocking in the runner from 3rd, and less than 2 outs lately.

LOL... thought you would like that.

Bad at bats for both Podsednik and Iguchi in the 9th inning, at least Everett gave a battle.

They cannot throw games away like this. 3 errors and 3 unearned runs, that is horses***.

Well remember everyone our crack bunch of starters are going to shut down the bosox. Good Pitching beats good hitting evertime.

Remember 2000 when our good hitting team choked and our pitching played pretty well. This BoSox team can hit a hell of a lot better than that Seattle team. Does anyone really thing that Buerhle and our pitching Staff going to shut down this team in the playoffs. I mean outside of the Whitesox homerism and all really. Matt Clement did not have his good stuff tonight. We had a series of solo home runs and bad situational hitting. Crede was clutch in the 8th but then s*** the bed in the 9th hot dogging. Why would anyone and I mean anyone put Vizcan in any close game or a close game in the 9th.