O. Perez

RockRaines

ESPN insider claims the Odalis Perez is being shopped around. This is a player that I wanted in the offseason, and I still would want now. I think he is better and may cost us less than the already crowded market for AJ and Schmidt.

He also threw 7 scoreless innings today signaling that he may indeed be back from his injury.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 03:21 PM)
ESPN insider claims the Odalis Perez is being shopped around.  This is a player that I wanted in the offseason, and I still would want  now.  I think he is better and may cost us less than the already crowded market for AJ and Schmidt.

He also threw 7 scoreless innings today signaling that he may indeed be back from his injury.

He did it in Philly, too. That's pretty impressive. I wanted him this offseason, too. Maybe KW will make a move.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 03:39 PM)
He did it in Philly, too.  That's pretty impressive.  I wanted him this offseason, too.  Maybe KW will make a move.

Im just saying, he seems to be a little more consistant than AJ Burnett, and is a pretty good second half player. He also has some playoff experience. He is a lefty and would fit our rotation nicely. I think LA's asking price would be lower, and then would take JC.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 04:09 PM)
Im just saying, he seems to be a little more consistant than AJ Burnett, and is a pretty good second half player.  He also has some playoff experience.  He is a lefty and would fit our rotation nicely.  I think LA's asking price would be lower, and then would take JC.

It'd be nice if they'd take Duque instead. I'm not a fan of either Cuban really, but Contreras is less of an injury threat and is seemingly younger.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 04:12 PM)
It'd be nice if they'd take Duque instead.  I'm not a fan of either Cuban really, but Contreras is less of an injury threat and is seemingly younger.

El Duque is our only real playoff seasoned starter. We are going to need him in the playoffs if we make it.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 04:16 PM)
El Duque is our only real playoff seasoned starter.  We are going to need him in the playoffs if we make it.

Duque isn't going to magically become healthy again for the playoffs. He's much older than he was when he had most of his playoff success, anyway. His last 5 starts in the postseason were erratic, some great, some terrible. I'd part with him over Contreras, especially since we'd have 4 good starters in Buehrle/Garcia/Garland/Whoever is traded here.

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 04:39 PM)
Playoff experience...

Do you mean him getting his ass handed to him by the Cards playoff experience or were you refering to some past playoffs?

Seriously I'm all for getting him but I doubt his playoff experience will be the clincher...

Odalis has been the one the sox have been trying to pry away from la for sometime. :cheers

i really really want kenny to get perez, he will be somewhat costly because of the demand for SP in the trade market, not to mention that he is reasonably signed for 3 years

i still think we will put together the best package and get em, KW will be all over this.

QUOTE(hi8is @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 06:39 PM)
i really really want kenny to get perez, he will be somewhat costly because of the demand for SP in the trade market, not to mention that he is reasonably signed for 3 years

i still think we will put together the best package and get em, KW will be all over this.

if KW is gonna get perez, the key to the deal is to get him before teh other teams nab burnett. once burnett goes, say to the bosox, the orioles rangers yankees etc are all gonna shift their attention to other players such as perez, and feeling the pressure a team like the Os will certainly overpay to get him. if KW doenst intend to land burnett, hes gotta nab who he does wanna get quickly before other teams enter teh bidding

QUOTE(daa84 @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 08:14 AM)
if KW is gonna get perez, the key to the deal is to get him before teh other teams nab burnett. once burnett goes, say to the bosox, the orioles rangers yankees etc are all gonna shift their attention to other players such as perez, and feeling the pressure a team like the Os will certainly overpay to get him. if KW doenst intend to land burnett, hes gotta nab who he does wanna get quickly before other teams enter teh bidding

Which is exactly why the Dodgers won't agree to a trade until that scenario plays out.