Time for a Shakeup

DukeNukeEm

This loss sucked major ass tonight. MB just didn't have it. Joe Crede delivered, then stole, and cost us the game. I put 50-50 blame on JC and Jizz.

Dear Luis Vizacino,

What did you expect Manny Ramirez to look for after a dropped easy pop-up? He sure as heck wasn't looking for a slider low and away. As a matter of fact, I think he was looking for a fastball right down the middle. And that is wat you threw to him. Congratulation on you inauguration with the Red Sox. I'm glad you like Boston so much.

:angry:

Edited by SoxFan1

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im very disappointed in Konerko, Thomas, Pierzynski, and Uribe. Id like to see all three shipped out and get some quality guys that fits the demeanor of this team. The first three are extremely inconsistent and are terribly slow. Uribe is not a starter. His bat sucks. He is a defensive replacement for the ninth. That is all. Id like to see them get Odalis Perez, Omar Vizquel, and a replacement at first.

QUOTE(Ozzie Montana @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 07:39 PM)
Im very disappointed in Konerko, Thomas, Pierzynski, and Uribe.  Id like to see all three shipped out and get some quality guys that fits the demeanor of this team.  The first three are extremely inconsistent and are terribly slow.  Uribe is not a starter.  His bat sucks. He is a defensive replacement for the ninth. That is all. Id like to see them get Odalis Perez, Omar Vizquel, and a replacement at first.

Odalis pitched a good game today for the Dodgers. I'm not gonna bash Konerko and I'll say I'm dissapointed in a sense with Pyrz (mainly his offense, cause career wise he's a far better hitter than this). But he brings a winning attitude to the table and has helped this pitching staff so much. I don't care what type of offense I get from him. He's a stable force and has yet to get hot.

I tend to think both him and Paulie will be in the .270 range by years end. Uribe, thats another story. I don't know whats happeend to him but he's just looking awful. Last year he would hit the ball so hard, this year, he never hits it on the button. Hell of a defensive player though and I still like his long-term potential, but right now I think this is a definate area where the Sox could upgrade.

QUOTE(Ozzie Montana @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 10:39 PM)
Im very disappointed in Konerko, Thomas, Pierzynski, and Uribe.  Id like to see all three shipped out and get some quality guys that fits the demeanor of this team.  The first three are extremely inconsistent and are terribly slow.  Uribe is not a starter.  His bat sucks. He is a defensive replacement for the ninth. That is all. Id like to see them get Odalis Perez, Omar Vizquel, and a replacement at first.

I can't argue with that, but a bit drastic, don't you think. How about giving Ozuna a shot at ss. His natural position, and he hits. As clutch as Everett has been, there is NO REASON FOR FRANK THOMAS TO BE IN THE LINE UP. Let him get his 500 home run for Tampa Bay.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 07:44 PM)
I can't argue with that, but a bit drastic, don't you think.  How about giving Ozuna a shot at ss.  His natural position, and he hits.  As clutch as Everett has been, there is NO REASON FOR FRANK THOMAS TO BE IN THE LINE UP.  Let him get his 500 home run for Tampa Bay.

Personally Ozuna isn't enough of an upgrade offensively to warrant the defense that is lost when you transition from Juan to Pablo (Juan is one of the 5 best defensive ss's).

If you get Vizquel, you get a SS of equal defensive ability (or close to it) and superior offensive production (not going to say ability because I think Juan has as much as any SS in the game not named Tejada or Arod and I think he has similar capabilities of a guy like Tejada).

Why in the flying f*** would we trade AJ!?!?! OK, he is slumping....give the guy a f***ing break. The pitching would not be where it is without him. He has been nothing but spectacular. I am sick of this s***. We lose 3 in a row and all the sudden the world is going to end! OH MY GOD! Let's have a firesala. Quit your b****ing. Every team loses once in a while s***.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 10:47 PM)
Personally Ozuna isn't enough of an upgrade offensively to warrant the defense that is lost when you transition from Juan to Pablo (Juan is one of the 5 best defensive ss's). 

If you get Vizquel, you get a SS of equal defensive ability (or close to it) and superior offensive production (not going to say ability because I think Juan has as much as any SS in the game not named Tejada or Arod and I think he has similar capabilities of a guy like Tejada).

Vizquel's contract is a bit to rich for my blood. 3 years at his age has the potential to be a liability. Would he make that much of a difference. It is not like he can bat 3 or 4.

Chill out. We put up four earned runs against Clement, someone that many on this site have thought would own us. We only allowed 3 earned runs, the other three were very out of the ordinary. Iguchi committed two errors and Crede committed one. Both have been spectacular defensively. That isn't going to happen very often. Also, Vizcaino isn't going to pitch an inning and a third in a close game in the playoffs. We lost one game to a pretty good team. Let's lay off the panic button a bit.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 03:47 AM)

Patience is a virtue, and Uribe does not have it, and you can't learn it. At a fantastic best, Uribe will be a sorianoed Tejada.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 03:52 AM)
Chill out. We put up four earned runs against Clement, someone that many on this site have thought would own us. We only allowed 3 earned runs, the other three were very out of the ordinary. Iguchi committed two errors and Crede committed one. Both have been spectacular defensively. That isn't going to happen very often. Also, Vizcaino isn't going to pitch an inning and a third in a close game in the playoffs. We lost one game to a pretty good team. Let's lay off the panic button a bit.

Iguchi's been much better, but "spectacular" is a bit much.

I dont know why people are so confused that our offense sucks or that this is a new thing.

We are sixth in runs scored. Yeah that the same stat we have been at the top of the league at for the last few years.

We are 4th in homers. Yeah oddly we still seem to hit lots of homers.

We are 11th out of 14 teams in OBP. Well that might explain why they are solo homers.

We are tied for dead last in the AL in BA. Now I know we are a small ball team and all. But small ball teams usually have power problems not BA problems.

Dead f***ing last, DEAD last in hits.

Dead f***ing last in doubles.

Dead f***ing last in triples.

But we hit a lot of homers. This is the same f***ing offense as we have had. The same offense that can be shut down to a few hits like we have seen lately. The same solo homer offense as before.

We added two fast guys up top. But we took out two 300 hitters from last year.

How is this team not going for homers and power. Just out of f***ing luck they shouldnt be dead last in hits, doubles, and triples.

I don't want to hear chemistry talk from KW anymore, I'm not asking him to bring in a major known cancer, but this team needs a little more to compete, they looked absolutely sad out there tonight. 3 errors? A-Row would have never gotten an error on his play, but with his offensive production this year he needs to make those catches, that's why he's on the team

If the dropped popup happenned to anyone on our team (i'm thinking PK) there's no chance in hell they hit a HR after that, and you knew Manny was going yard in that at-bat.

I know the Twins were watching that game in the clubhouse at Detroit and looked at each other and thought "here we go again"

Im very disappointed in Konerko, Thomas, Pierzynski, and Uribe. Id like to see all three shipped out and get some quality guys that fits the demeanor of this team.

Are you serious?

Paulie - Isn't he team captain? He is a main cog.

AJ - He's one of the reasons we are excelling! Remember the fiasco we had

behind the plate last year? Ben Davis????

Thomas - The guy has bashed 10 or more homers. He's been valuable.

Uribe - I'm not crazy about his performance. I wish we'd upgrade, but maybe

we can't. If so he's OK. He's part of a team with a hellacious record.

My concerns, but not having me jump off bandwagon.

Iguchi is in a slump. Hoping he breaks out of it and it isn't something about the league getting used to him.

Viz - Don't like him much.

Hermy's injury.

Crede's injury (back).

Iguchi's injury (back, right? I read somewhere his back was sore?)

Some inconsistent pitching by 4 and 5.

Bottom line: Mark, Jon and Freddy are still studs. We still have good relief if it's healthy.

Analysis: Go ahead and trade some prospects if we can upgrade get a 3Bman to spell or push Crede and some pitching help.

I'd stick with Uribe; make trades for a starter, another reliever (are they out there) and a 3Bman like Randa.

If we make NO moves I still think we can make the Series. It's our year, baby.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 09:52 PM)

Did Clement have his best stuff tonight. Was that a great pitching performance. He was off. We should of killed him tonight. When he was 2-0 to a bunch of hitters and was throwing rollers up instead of his biting slider he should of been launched.

I am sure the cubans will shut the bosox down.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 04:01 AM)
Im very disappointed in Konerko, Thomas, Pierzynski, and Uribe. Id like to see all three shipped out...

I mean, it's not calculus or anything.

Edit: :) Just pulling yr leg here.

Edited by jackie hayes

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 09:46 PM)
I have not given up on really anyone this season, but for me, Konerko is done in my book. There is no way you can count on him for ANYTHING anymore but an HR, and just been a stopper to so innings. I actaully still have faith in Juan, and I will put money on the fact AJ will heat up, but im done with Paul.

Kong is the king of the solo shot and that's about all. He comes up in a clutch situation and he wets his pants every time. I've been one of his staunchest supporters here but I'm beginning to think we need someone else there. He's just too unreliable at the plate now.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 04:02 AM)
Did Clement have his best stuff tonight.  Was that a great pitching performance.  He was off.  We should of killed him tonight.  When he was 2-0 to a bunch of hitters and was throwing rollers up instead of his biting slider he should of been launched.

I am sure the cubans will shut the bosox down.

When you have 4 righty hitters in your lineup, you're not going to have a lot of success against a pitcher who is much tougher against righties. As much as I dislike Willie, he should have been playing tonight.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 10:00 PM)
If the dropped popup happenned to anyone on our team (i'm thinking PK) there's no chance in hell they hit a HR after that, and you knew Manny was going  yard in that at-bat.

You should of been in game chat. The minute Crede dropped the ball that was the call. Everyone I mean everyone was saying homer.

Its like the focking magic 8 ball.

This series with BoSox will definitely show us whether we make moves or not. Today's game pretty sure made everyone sick to their stomach. We'll see how we bounce back from this game.

If we lose tom, that would be a 4 game losing streak and we will depend on Duque and Contreras to stop the bleeding. If we end up being swept, KW then definitely needs to make a move.

KW cant let this team tank down. This team will need a boost.

I am really dissapointed right now as a Sox fan. I just don't think this team as constituted has it to go deep in October. MB pitched OK, but his defense let him down like there's no tomorrow.

Again, what I was really dissapointed in is that this team doesn't have that championship edge, and on TV you can tell the crowd really sensed it. They seemed out of it, like they knew the Red Sox will win the game.

Minnesota has a mental edge on this team from the last few years, if they can get the lead down to 6-7 before the head to heads start, look out...

Tomorrows game will be pretty key, otherwise there is a decent chance of a sweep and quite frankly, thats not a good time for this to happen. Could send Kenny or someone into panic mode.

At the same time, Jon goes out and wins tomorrow, maybe Contreras or Duque come through and you can pull a split. Everyone goes home happy and in your minds you realize the team could of easily took 3 out of 4 if htey play some defense.