Frank going on the DL

fathom

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, get them a shortstop. Gload fits this team better than Frank anyway (you can all bash me all you want, but Frank is playing selfish right now with his approach).

Not copmlaing about the season, I'm loving the season, but with the way Frank is playing, Everett should be the regular DH.

Plus Gloadie is my favorite player and quite frankly he's a good hitter. He's gonna help this club out.

Now if only they can get Vizquel or Freel cause Uribe is just awful at the plate (great defensively though and I still like him).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 11:38 PM)
No, get them a shortstop. Gload fits this team better than Frank anyway (you can all bash me all you want, but Frank is playing selfish right now with his approach). 

Not copmlaing about the season, I'm loving the season, but with the way Frank is playing, Everett should be the regular DH. 

Plus Gloadie is my favorite player and quite frankly he's a good hitter.  He's gonna help this club out.

Now if only they can get Vizquel or Freel cause Uribe is just awful at the plate (great defensively though and I still like him).

I agree Jas. Uribe just isn't cutting it offensively. Frank is swinging for he fences. Gload is tearing it up. Uriber isn't doing it.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 03:38 AM)

Plus Gloadie is my favorite player and quite frankly he's a good hitter.  He's gonna help this club out.

It's funny, I called Frank selfish about a month ago, and people bashed me. I agree that Frank being out of the lineup probably helps our overall offense. However, we need to do something to bolster our offense. How do we expect to compete with offensive powers like Boston?

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 09:40 PM)
It's funny, I called Frank selfish about a month ago, and people bashed me.  I agree that Frank being out of the lineup probably helps our overall offense.  However, we need to do something to bolster our offense.  How do we expect to compete with offensive powers like Boston?

Team chemistry.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 10:38 PM)

I'm with you on Gload. I wish he could Frank's ABs, but I bet they'll be more limited with Carl and Timo getting more PT now.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 10:38 PM)

I agree so much. I want to puke now, though. God, everything sucks right now.

QUOTE(Soxfest @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 07:41 PM)
FT hurt again it rains it pours.

This team did fine without him and will do fine again. Mark my words. Frank did have some big hr's and came on strong early on. But there are scouts and they obviously picked up on the fact that Frank is sitting dead red.

Every AB, just watch, and you'll see him. The only thing he'll hit is a FB or a hanging slider (Which is a great pitch to see when your looking for a FB cause your gonna get the head out on it..the key is just keeping it fair). But now teams are pitching him outside and he's doing absolutely nothing but getting weak outs.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 10:40 PM)
It's funny, I called Frank selfish about a month ago, and people bashed me.  I agree that Frank being out of the lineup probably helps our overall offense.  However, we need to do something to bolster our offense.  How do we expect to compete with offensive powers like Boston?

You and me both, fathom. As soon as I said it, all that was said was, "These negative posters hate Frank Thomas now."

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 07:43 PM)
You and me both, fathom.  As soon as I said it, all that was said was, "These negative posters hate Frank Thomas now."

Technically speaking for the most part (despite Frank being my favorite player for quite a long time) I've turned into a Frank basher. I give the guy a lot of credit and feel he's a hall of famer, but my style isn't with big bulky DH"s that can do anything but DH.

I'm a fan of a DH that can play in the field and be versatile. Essentially using the DH spot as a way to keep some of your power hitters healthy. Say you have 4 OF's, one a defensive wiz like Rowand. Than your DH could be the kind of guy that can play LF or RF and is a good hitter. Let him ocassionally play in the field giving your other guys some time off.

All this said, I'm pulling for Frank, but he's going nowhere until he stops being so selfish and home run oriented.

QUOTE(hi8is @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 03:45 AM)
someone please explain, is this just a measure to give the hurt more time to get it back together? or did another injury pop up on him?

whats the story behind this trip to the DL?

Just lingering pain. Maybe he's suffering from the Kerry Wood virus....which is, when you're struggling on the field, the team puts you on the DL with stiffness. At least Frank has the surgery excuse.

QUOTE(Ozzie Montana @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 03:48 AM)
Id like to see Konerko and Frank dealt.  Leave Everett as the DH.  Ross Gload at first.  Get another arm.  Why waste Everetts at bats on the bench :huh

No offense to you at all, but I hate when people suggest we trade some of the biggest players on our team. When's the last time you saw a team trade it's number 4 hitter when they have a 10 game lead? Maybe those trades occur in video games, but that's not reality.

QUOTE(Ozzie Montana @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 10:48 PM)
Id like to see Konerko and Frank dealt.  Leave Everett as the DH.  Ross Gload at first.  Get another arm.  Why waste Everetts at bats on the bench :huh

You waste everett's bat ont he bench because there is about a 0.01 chance konerko is traded.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 10:45 PM)
Technically speaking for the most part (despite Frank being my favorite player for quite a long time) I've turned into a Frank basher.  I give the guy a lot of credit and feel he's a hall of famer, but my style isn't with big bulky DH"s that can do anything but DH. 

I'm a fan of a DH that can play in the field and be versatile.  Essentially using the DH spot as a way to keep some of your power hitters healthy.  Say you have 4 OF's, one a defensive wiz like Rowand.  Than your DH could be the kind of guy that can play LF or RF and is a good hitter.  Let him ocassionally play in the field giving your other guys some time off. 

All this said, I'm pulling for Frank, but he's going nowhere until he stops being so selfish and home run oriented.

Could the people that said Frank would hurt the chemistry have been right? :huh

That's something to think about, I guess. All he's done since he came back is hit like 8 solo homers and that's about it.