7/22 Game Thread

rangercal

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I have thought about it for 1/2 inning. Major brain cramp decision to send Konerko by Joey Cora. Bad, bad, bad.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 07:22 PM)
Uribe is 0-for-2, but he's hit the ball hard both times.  He looks decent at the plate.

I agree. But it still would've been a good night to play Ozuna.

Edited by robinventura23

The question I also have is this: With Wakefield being so much better against lefties than righties, why not play Ozuna at 2nd base tonight? I know it's not a big deal in the scheme of things, but you can tell Wakefield is much more hittable for righties. Widger should have been playing also.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 07:23 PM)
Ditto, he's the best clutch hitter in baseball right now.

Yeah, hopefully Dye will be in there tomorrow. His swing has come a long way from the start of the season, also hope Gload plays and sit Timo's ass on the bench or Harris, they both are pathetic!

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 07:18 PM)
Who are you kidding?  Manny had the ball and Konerko didn't even touch thirdbase yet.  He took his time and still had Konerko by five feet. 

JON GARLAND!!!!  :headbang

Cora probably had it in his mind that he was going to send Konerko before hand and did so.... Again, Timo Perez is a marginal back-up outfielder... if it was Rowand or AJ on deck I would be scream at the TV but it was Timo... I can't honestly blame him.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 07:24 PM)
The question I also have is this:  With Wakefield being so much better against lefties than righties, why not play Ozuna at 2nd base tonight?  I know it's not a big deal in the scheme of things, but you can tell Wakefield is much more hittable for righties.  Widger should have been playing also.

Good point fathom, Ozuna has good control of the bat. Harris just overmatched every time. Ozuna at least can get them jam shots for base hits!

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 07:24 PM)
Yeah, hopefully Dye will be in there tomorrow. His swing has come a long way from the start of the season, also hope Gload plays and sit Timo's ass on the bench or Harris, they both are pathetic!

Timo's been playing very well as of late.

WSCR reported that we might not play until tuesday if not longer

If anyone needs to sit for awhile, it's Konerko. Now that Gload's here, we have a true 1B and another LH bat in the lineup. Hopefully, Dye will be back tomorrow, and Gload plays 1B.

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 01:26 AM)
Good point fathom, Ozuna has good control of the bat. Harris just overmatched every time. Ozuna at least can get them jam shots for base hits!

That's the thing, Ozuna has shown more ability to handle the bat this season than Willie ever has. For his speed, Willie doesn't get many infield singles. In comparison, Ozuna is leading the world in fewest feet per hit this season.

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 01:26 AM)

...didn't look overmatched in that last AB.

But I agree with your main point about having Ozuna in the lineup tonight.

QUOTE(Pasqua's Mailman @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 09:25 PM)
Cora probably had it in his mind that he was going to send Konerko before hand and did so.... Again, Timo Perez is a marginal back-up outfielder... if it was Rowand or AJ on deck I would be scream at the TV but it was Timo... I can't honestly blame him.

The thing is, if you are Ramirez, you know you do not have to panic and hurry your throw. Just play pitch and catch.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 07:24 PM)
The question I also have is this:  With Wakefield being so much better against lefties than righties, why not play Ozuna at 2nd base tonight?  I know it's not a big deal in the scheme of things, but you can tell Wakefield is much more hittable for righties.  Widger should have been playing also.

Does this really need answering fathom?? The one thing that bothers me about Ozzie's managing is he's to into the lefty-lefty, righty-righty crap no matter who's pitching or who's batting.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 07:26 PM)
Timo's been playing very well as of late.

Yeah, a couple of games.. but Dye needs to be in there almost every day! I will like to see Gload play ahead of Timo!

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 01:27 AM)
If anyone needs to sit for awhile, it's Konerko.  Now that Gload's here, we have a true 1B and another LH bat in the lineup.  Hopefully, Dye will be back tomorrow, and Gload plays 1B.

With our current lineup, we can't bench PK. He has 2 homers in his last 4 games, and is hitting the ball hard tonight. We can't have a lineup of guys like Gload, Urine, AJP, Harris, Crede. That's just not a dangerous lineup. At least PK will have the respect of the opposition.

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 07:28 PM)
Yeah, a couple of games.. but Dye needs to be in there almost every day! I will like to see Gload play ahead of Timo!

I want Ross in the lineup, period, I was just pointing out that Timo has been pretty good as of late.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 01:27 AM)
Does this really need answering fathom??  The one thing that bothers me about Ozzie's managing is he's to into the lefty-lefty, righty-righty crap no matter who's pitching or who's batting.

Yeah, it's just stupid when the split stats tell you the opposite approach should be used.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 07:28 PM)
With our current lineup, we can't bench PK.  He has 2 homers in his last 4 games, and is hitting the ball hard tonight.  We can't have a lineup of guys like Gload, Urine, AJP, Harris, Crede.  That's just not a dangerous lineup.  At least PK will have the respect of the opposition.

Did you intentionally call him Urine?