The Boston Fans at the Game Tonight

Steve9347

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 12:00 PM)
The thing i'm trying to figure out is what percentage of these red sox fans are fairweather? How many are just die hards that have ended up in Chicago, or traveled out for the weekend? If they are die hards and are annoying, it sucks...but if they are typical fair weather pieces of crap, then it's 100 times worse. I really don't have a clue on the percentages though.

The ones I was around were fairweather and you can tell. They were shocked when I was explaining to my brother that Carl Everett used to play with them. They just kept saying, "No, we would never let that player go." I just told them, either they're bandwagoners or they know jacks*** about baseball since Carl was with them within the past 5-6 years(and these guys were like 22). Two of their friends who are Sox fans just said, "they're bandwagoners" and laughed at them. They felt really stupid the whole game. And they would get such an orgy whenever Boston had a basehit. They kept saying, "This is where the s*** starts, right here. All the time, it's over for the White Sox. We're blowing this b**** wide open." Being a former GSR was the only thing that made me keep my cool from proceeding to giving them a verbal b**** slap.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(drowninginflame @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 03:11 PM)
We were talking to a bunch of dudes from boston and they were cool as f***.

No doubt that some Red Sox fans are cool(I'm actually a fan of that team) but their fans(the bandwagoners that is) have really turned me off to them. I mean, guys with no connections to Boston and no reason to cheer for Boston are cheering for them like they're cheering for the Bulls circa 91-98.

QUOTE(drowninginflame @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 04:11 PM)
We were talking to a bunch of dudes from boston and they were cool as f***.

We talked to some at Jimbo's after the game.. probably meet up with them again tonight. We didn't encounter any bad ones at all. Just one issue with one of them lighting a smoke in our section but he quickly put it out and didn't light up again the rest of the game.