Official "Deliver us Sidney" Thread

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 07:42 AM)
I would like to get Pavol Demitra, He is a hella player and he always kills the Hawks... not that its saying much though...

I always heard he carried around alot of baggage. He seems like one of those whiny star type players.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 04:06 PM)
Where are the schedules at?  I looked at the Canes page and it just says to be released today?

Blackhawkzone.com is releasing bits and pieces. The founder of the site seems to get info hot off the presses, so I'm just telling everyone what I see there.

IIRC, they should be out within the next hour. I thought I heard 11:00 AM Wednesday...

Full schedule right here: http://www.nhl.com/teams/chi/schedule.html

Lots of home-and-home games. Good. Those tend to get the blood to boil a little bit, makes for a real good game.

Edited by CWSGuy406

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 10:21 AM)
I stand by what I said.  The Slacks havent done anything to put themselves in a position to contend for anything but tee times in florida in April.

Good luck with that then, just wanted to make sure what you knew what you were getting into. :cheers

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 03:21 PM)
I stand by what I said.  The Slacks havent done anything to put themselves in a position to contend for anything but tee times in florida in April.

:lol:

Nuke, you're pretty funny.

Truth is, no one knows what's going to happen yet.

I think the 'Hawks are in a position to be buyers. And from what I've heard in the league grumblings, they will indeed be "buyers".

We'll know a lot more in a week or so.

Edited by kapkomet

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 09:53 AM)
Are you going to ever say something about hockey that, you know, isn't "Wirtz is teh sux0rs!"...?

Because I see the same thing every season. Hawks fans get all excited about this that or the other thing only for them to suck worse than the last year. Since 1996 this has been the trend and it isin't about to stop now.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 11:14 AM)
Blackhawkzone.com is releasing bits and pieces.  The founder of the site seems to get info hot off the presses, so I'm just telling everyone what I see there.

IIRC, they should be out within the next hour.  I thought I heard 11:00 AM Wednesday...

Full schedule right here:  http://www.nhl.com/teams/chi/schedule.html

Lots of home-and-home games.  Good.  Those tend to get the blood to boil a little bit, makes for a real good game.

They are also up under schedules at NHL Page - go to schedules

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 04:34 PM)
Because I see the same thing every season.  Hawks fans get all excited about this that or the other thing only for them to suck worse than the last year.  Since 1996 this has been the trend and it isin't about to stop now.

Fine. We get the point. Don't watch 'em, I really don't think a whole lot of people care whether or not you watch them -- no offense.

I'm going to continue watching them. Is Wirtz a bad owner? Yeah, fine, but that doesn't mean I can't like the players, and there's a whole lot of likeable players coming through this organization, whether you realize it or not.

FRISCO, Texas (AP) - The Dallas Stars released centre Pierre Turgeon on Wednesday and plan to buy out his contract if no team claims him off waivers in 24 hours.

The buyout would be for $2.97 million US, two-thirds of what he was to make under the five-year, $25.5-million deal he signed before the 2001-02 season, team spokesman Jason Rademan said. The move will clear $4.5 million in salary cap room.

Turgeon, 35, would become a free agent if he is not claimed and the Stars buy out his contract.

Turgeon had 15 goals and 25 assists in 76 games in the 2003-04 season. He played in 207 regular-season games with Dallas and had 129 points, below his average during his best years.

Over his career, Turgeon has 480 goals and 753 assists with the Stars, St. Louis, Montreal, the New York Islanders and Buffalo. He ranks 13th in career points among active players, and 10th in assists. He has had 15 career hat tricks, and last year became the 37th NHL player with 1,200 career points.

What are your thoughts on him Keith? Any interest?

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 12:44 PM)
The one player I would hope for to be cut lose..which I doubt that would be perfect for the Hawks is Keith Tkachuk

The Blues are keeping Tkachuk and Weight (that suprises me) and getting rid of Pronger. That's over $10 million in salaries for those 2 players right there.

I've heard that Joe Thornton has rejected a lowball offer from the Bruins...

I don't think he's happyin in B-town and I think Tallon should send whatever it takes to get Joe here.

EDIT: VERY WISHFUL THINKING

Edited by Pauly8509CWS