2.3 million reasons why willie wont start

rangercal

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You seriously cannot be considering putting Willie in for Gooch. s***, at least Gooch can get some guys over. Did anybody happen to see the 2 out double he hit past Millar....guess not because there is no damn mention of it anywhere. Come on guys, 1 loss and everybody is ready to seceed the division to the Twins. Gimme a break. All this whining and b****ing anf moaning, get the hell outta here. And all this BS about the league "adjusting to Gooch" is just that, BULLs***. Nobody says that about rookie players, just imported players. Get out of here. No one was complaining about how they "adjusted" to Jon in his rookie year. All this BS about adjusting to imported players is crap too...

Iguchi has done everything that's been asked of him. This is problem with examining stats. The little things that don't show up in the stats, or even deplete a player's stats are the things it takes to win ballgames. Iguchi had gone 35 games without an error. He's performed in the #2 spot in the order just as it's supposed to be done. He's become part of and awesome DP combo with Uribe. No, Willie Harris should not be the starting 2B. In fact, if it wasn't for Crede's bad back, Harris wouldn't even be with the big club.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 01:08 AM)
You seriously cannot be considering putting Willie in for Gooch. s***, at least Gooch can get some guys over. Did anybody happen to see the 2 out double he hit past Millar....guess not because there is no damn mention of it anywhere. Come on guys, 1 loss and everybody is ready to seceed the division to the Twins. Gimme a break. All this whining and b****ing anf moaning, get the hell outta here. And all this BS about the league "adjusting to Gooch" is just that, BULLs***. Nobody says that about rookie players, just imported players. Get out of here. No one was complaining about how they "adjusted" to Jon in his rookie year. All this BS about adjusting to imported players is crap too...

Quit with this getting guys over BS. Like Fathom said we could put a pitcher in the # 2 hole with that approach. All I know is when I seen Willie Harris Healthy and starting he did a great job. The only reason rowand finally got his shot last year was because of all the injuries. WE HAD NO CHOICE. Other wise I bet Rowand= Traded

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 12:09 AM)
Iguchi has done everything that's been asked of him.  This is problem with examining stats.  The little things that don't show up in the stats, or even deplete a player's stats are the things it takes to win ballgames.  Iguchi had gone 35 games without an error.  He's performed in the #2 spot in the order just as it's supposed to be done.  He's become part of and awesome DP combo with Uribe.  No, Willie Harris should not be the starting 2B.  In fact, if it wasn't for Crede's bad back, Harris wouldn't even be with the big club.

Once again I'll say this is a stupid thread because of the reasons you mentioned. Iguchi you can not look into numbers, the guy has been absolutely magnificent, him and omar vizquel are the best number 2 hitters in baseball, period.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 12:11 AM)
Quit with this getting guys over BS. Like Fathom said we could put a pitcher in the # 2 hole with that approach.  All I know is when I seen Willie Harris Healthy and starting he did a great job. The only reason rowand finally got his shot last year was because of all the injuries. WE HAD NO CHOICE. Other wise I bet Rowand= Traded

You just don't understand the importance of getting a guy over to 3rd with less then 2 outs I guess.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 01:11 AM)
Quit with this getting guys over BS. Like Fathom said we could put a pitcher in the # 2 hole with that approach.  All I know is when I seen Willie Harris Healthy and starting he did a great job. The only reason rowand finally got his shot last year was because of all the injuries. WE HAD NO CHOICE. Other wise I bet Rowand= Traded

It's your opinion that Willie was not playing at fully healthy last season. It's your opinion that Rowand would have been traded.

Weren't you the one asking for stats and facts to back up the arguments in this thread? :bang

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 02:11 AM)

I haven't seen s*** from Willy when he started. Remember that game against Oakland before the AS break?

1st inning, Pods on 1st, 0 out, Willie up, fails to get him over.

2nd inning, Pods on 1st, 0 out, Willie up, fails to get him over.

3rd inning, Pods on 1st, 0 out, Willie up, fails to get him over.

4th inning, Pods on 1st, 0 out, Willie up, fails to get him over.

5th inning, Pods on 1st, 0 out, Willie up, fails to get him over.

6th inning, Pods on 1st, 0 out, Willie up, fails to get him over.

I'd bet ALL THE MONEY IN THE WORLD that Gooch get's him over in EVERY single opportunity that game, thus, avoiding a sweep.

Man, ChiSox losses really get people on the wacky stuff....

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 02:15 AM)
Good job posting facts. I like How everyone arguing is hiding from #'s.  It's kinda cute actually

Here's a fact: Iguchi leads the world in productive outs.....

How's that for ya???

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 01:14 AM)
It's your opinion  that Willie was not playing at fully healthy last season.  It's your opinion  that Rowand would have been traded.

Weren't you the one asking for stats and facts to back up the arguments in this thread?  :bang

I am not the only one who thinks that way. Everyone else is posting opinions so this s*** is rubbing off on me.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 01:15 AM)
Good job posting facts. I like How everyone arguing is hiding from #'s.  It's kinda cute actually

It's impossible to when you are too blinded to see the importance of getting a guy to 3rd with less than 2 outs.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 01:17 AM)
I am not the only one who thinks that way. Everyone else is posting opinions so this s*** is rubbing off on me.

You were the one who started this thread, no?

You were the first to back up your thoughts with opinions and you challenged people to come with the facts and stats.

Take a look at the first post!

Im sure he can hit .267

:rolly

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 01:17 AM)
It's impossible to when you are too blinded to see the importance of getting a guy to 3rd with less than 2 outs.

I always felt Willie had a better arm and D than Gooch. So Im sorry for looking at the importance in that.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 02:20 AM)
I always felt Willie had a better arm and D than Gooch. So  Im sorry for looking at the importance in that.

The guys handle is WHarris1 and he even thinks your idea is pretty damn dumb.... :huh