2.3 million reasons why willie wont start

rangercal

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 01:20 AM)
I always felt Willie had a better arm and D than Gooch. So  Im sorry for looking at the importance in that.

Better arm from Willie?

Hahaha I f***ing love Willie but my 10 year old female cousin has a comparable arm.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 12:20 AM)
I always felt Willie had a better arm and D than Gooch. So  Im sorry for looking at the importance in that.

All I'm going to say is this team would be so much worse right now if Tad wasn't batting 2nd. He's been awesome, absolutely awesome.

Your reaching here. Your reaching a lot here.

You want stats? You want facts? In a full season, Harris put up .262/.343/.323. And it was a decent season. He got on base at a good clip against righties, played excellent defense. But the fact is that if Iguchi was free for the season, free to swing at the pitch of his choice rather than swing at the pitch dictated by when Podsednik steals, or cutting the field in half by only letting him hit the ball to the right side -- I assure you his numbers would be much better than .269/.330/.410. I guarantee it.

You're not gonna see anymore of a Harris fan than me on this board (Ok -- chisox14 too), but he is not a starter. Platoon role, maybe, but I don't think Iguchi needs to be platooned. Maybe benched when there's some 'good stuff' guys on the mound, but that's it.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 01:19 AM)
You were the one who started this thread, no?

You were the first to back up your thoughts with opinions and you challenged people to come with the facts and stats.

Take a look at the first post!

:rolly

Based on what willie has shown full time he can hit .267

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 01:26 AM)
how the f***?

Based on what Willie has shown me, he can't hit .267.

Now how can both of those be facts?

EDIT: and why would we want Willie hitting .267 if Iguchi is hitting .270 and moving the runners over? :banghead

Edited by santo=dorf

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 02:26 AM)
LOL seriously I cover Willie on pretty much everything but this is dumb.

I know! If there was ever a defender of Pea Pod it was you and you even think this is s***. I think rangercal has been smoking the wacky tobaccy.....

I made some statements in this thread, but by no means do I think Willie should be starting over Iguchi. Hell, I'd rather have Ozuna play 2nd base during games in which we bench Iguchi. However, I disagree with all those who are overrating Iguchi so much. To say he's been absolutely awesome is quite a stretch. I think one of the reason so many think he's been spectacular is because they're comparing him to Willie Harris.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 01:34 AM)
Here's a fact.  Willie Harris would be in Charlotte if it wasn't for Crede's bad back.  Here's an opinion. Harris should not bethe starting 2B over Iguchi. 

Basis for opinion.  See fact above.

Though I belive this is true. It is not a proven fact.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 06:33 AM)
You do that while he still consistantly gets Pods to 3rd.

Until we have a number 3 hitter in the order that can consistenly get Pods home with less than 2 outs, it will be a wasted opportunity for what could have been a potentially big inning. I've seen nothing in the last month that would make me believe we can play smallball at home and win.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 12:34 AM)
I made some statements in this thread, but by no means do I think Willie should be starting over Iguchi.  Hell, I'd rather have Ozuna play 2nd base during games in which we bench Iguchi.  However, I disagree with all those who are overrating Iguchi so much.  To say he's been absolutely awesome is quite a stretch.  I think one of the reason so many think he's been spectacular is because they're comparing him to Willie Harris.

I said it and I meant it. There hasn't been a better number two hitter in baseball this year.