olympics in chicago

sec159row2

Where do they do the rowing events? Open water? Or the kayaking? Wisconsin? And there is no need to go to NIU or U of I for soccer...you have Soldier Field, Dyche Stadium, and the Bridgeview Fire Stadium.

AND, whether baseball or softball gets added back in, there HAS TO BE 16" softball at the Chicago Games.

:D

Atlanta had the same problem, and they injected hundreds of millions into the infastructure to improve roads, etc.

That would be ok for Chicago, wouldn't it?

Of course the Dan Ryan will still fall to pieces 6 months after it's over, so whatever, huh?

:lol:

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 12:14 PM)
Atlanta had the same problem, and they injected hundreds of millions into the infastructure to improve roads, etc.

That would be ok for Chicago, wouldn't it?

Of course the Dan Ryan will still fall to pieces 6 months after it's over, so whatever, huh?

:lol:

The Dan Ryan project goes into full swing next year. They are totally tearing it down and rebuilding it from the ground up. This year they have been redoing the ramps and bridges. It is going to be U-G-L-Y.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 05:43 PM)
The Dan Ryan project goes into full swing next year.  They are totally tearing it down and rebuilding it from the ground up.  This year they have been redoing the ramps and bridges.  It is going to be U-G-L-Y.

I remember when they did that to the Edens in the 80's...what a nightmare. Looks like Lake Shore Drive is gonna get a LOT more traffic for a while. How long did they say it was going to take?

QUOTE(TheDybber @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 03:17 PM)
I remember when they did that to the Edens in the 80's...what a nightmare.  Looks like Lake Shore Drive is gonna get a LOT more traffic for a while.  How long did they say it was going to take?

2 or 3 years, I can't remember which one.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 12:43 PM)
The Dan Ryan project goes into full swing next year.  They are totally tearing it down and rebuilding it from the ground up.  This year they have been redoing the ramps and bridges.  It is going to be U-G-L-Y.

I swear that is what they have been doing for the last 5 years lol.

Seriously, it seems that the Ryan is in a perpetual state of "repair."

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 08:26 PM)
I'm pretty sure we have this big body of water called Lake Michigan?

I believe Lake Michigan is too choppy for rowing.

And kayaking events are in whitewater...I'm guessing there isn't too much whitewater on Lake Michigan. Nope...no whitewater.