Huge Sox blockbuster trade???

Winnin Ugly

Frank (Toronto) Hey Billy! What is going on with the Bluejays. Do you think they will make any moves at all.

Sample (10:43am ET) Their is a rumor out there that the Jays are talking to Chicago about a huge blockbuster trade that would send Ted Lilly,Shea Hillebrand and Miquel Batista over to the Sox

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Winnin Ugly @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 11:13 AM)
Frank (Toronto) Hey Billy!  What is going on with the Bluejays. Do you think they will make any moves at all.

Sample (10:43am ET) Their is a rumor out there that the Jays are talking to Chicago about a huge blockbuster trade that would send Ted Lilly,Shea Hillebrand and Miquel Batista over to the Sox

See if you can get a source on this. A credible source.

Edited by YASNY

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 10:22 AM)
It depends on what they get in return.

billy sample runs the radio thing on mlb.com radio....his stuff is usually pretty good, i cant say where that chat came from, but he usually doenst pull crap from his ass on the radio

If the Sox were to acquire these 3 guys, say good-bye to about 3 of your favorite Sox prospects. The Blue Jays would have no use for someone like Crede. I could see them wanting Contreras for next season, where they're going to be spending more money. In order to get the 3 Blue Jays who are most likely to be traded, we're talking about having to give up 2/3 of McCarthy, Anderson, and/or Sweeney.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 10:28 AM)
If the Sox were to acquire these 3 guys, say good-bye to about 3 of your favorite Sox prospects.  The Blue Jays would have no use for someone like Crede.  I could see them wanting Contreras for next season, where they're going to be spending more money.  In order to get the 3 Blue Jays who are most likely to be traded, we're talking about having to give up 2/3 of McCarthy, Anderson, and/or Sweeney.

if the sox wouldnt deal contreras in this deal, i would not at all be surprised if contreras + lilly for schmidt and vizquel or burnett +mota