AND THATS A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!!

NUKE_CLEVELAND

QUOTE(Spod=Ratings @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 10:07 PM)
i just got back from the game it was awesome,and i got 2 pairs of socks,3-0 since I  have been to the park this year :headbang

go to every game for the rest of the year... :P :pray

CHICAGO -- Jon Garland saw the way Tim Wakefield's knuckleball was moving early in the game and figured it could be a tough night for his Chicago White Sox teammates to score runs.

"It was pretty impressive what he was doing those first couple of innings. I just tried to go out there and match him. I just saw some of the swings some of our guys were taking. His ball was dancing," Garland said.

"I just wanted to keep us in the game."

Garland did just that Friday night against the Boston Red Sox and became the major league's first 15-game winner.

He kept it close before A.J. Pierzynski and Juan Uribe hit two-out, three-run homers in the sixth off Wakefield as the White Sox won 8-4.

"Wakefield is a guy you can't explain until you stand in there and try and hit it. It's amazing," Pierzynski said.

"The ball moves one way or the other every time. And you just hope he makes a mistake and you can somehow hit it. I fouled off some tough ones and he made a mistake and luckily for me I hit it in the right spot and it got up and got out.

Bobby f***in' Jenks!

Did that guy look unhittable up there or what? I know he only faced 2 batters, but he looked impressive. Nothing like following up a 99 mph heater with a deadly hook.

I'm starting to become a big fan. :headbang

Edited by KevHead0881

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 11:52 PM)
Bobby f***in' Jenks!

Did that guy look unhittable up there or what?  I know he only faced 2 batters, but he looked impressive.  Nothing like following up a 99 mph heater with a deadly hook.

I'm starting to become a big fan.  :headbang

If he gets that hook over for a strike I dont see how they can hit him. 99mph heat and then a 12-6 hook. The minute the scouting report goes out that he is getting that over. Then he can elevate the fastball and be unhittable.

THE BEAST

The entire team played well tonight It was nice to see Hermy get some game time considering he hasnt been out there in a while

Garland proved he is a stopper and legit. Nice running fastball tonight.