Best sign of tonight

drowninginflame

QUOTE(SpringfieldFan @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 09:06 PM)
I kinda liked the one that simply said "It's OK, Joe"

That's cool.

I know a lot of us went overboard last night because of him.

But besides Eric Chavez, I can't think of a more defensively sound 3B than Crede in the AL.

It's OK, Joe.

A sign hanging from the club level at U.S. Cellular Field on Friday pretty much expressed the feelings of White Sox fans toward Joe Crede and his game-turning dropped popup on Thursday.

"It's OK, Joe," was written on a white piece of paper, hanging next to a sign wishing Juan Uribe a happy birthday. Unfortunately, Uribe's birthday is listed in the media guide as March 22.

Sports radio in Chicago was buzzing with talk of Crede trying to add a little too much flourish in attempting to catch Manny Ramirez's foul popup in the ninth inning Thursday. Crede dropped the popup when he snapped the glove across, and Ramirez homered on the next pitch.

But Crede said Friday that he certainly wasn't trying to hot dog the play, but instead was trying to follow the wind-blown foul popup. Maybe Crede's excellence at third calls attention to a miscue on any sort of routine defensive encounter.

"I wasn't trying to be flashy," said Crede, who claimed pain in his back didn't hamper his movement. "They can think what they want to think, but the bottom line is I know I wasn't.

"The winds were playing tricks on me. It was a tough play, and unfortunately I wasn't able to make it. I should have made it."

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 10:11 PM)
But besides Eric Chavez, I can't think of a more defensively sound 3B than Crede in the AL.

Bill Mueller-BOS 4 Es .978 FLD %

Hank Blalock-TEX 3 Es .988 FLD %

Crede... 5 Es .978 FLD %

I also like Mueller and Blalock!

QUOTE(greg775 @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 09:36 PM)
That sign about Joe is fricking awesome.

Hope they showed it on TV and it makes the papers so Joe knows.

The Joe sign was great and I hope he reads about it somewhere too!