White Sox vs. Red Sox 7/23 Game Thread

DBAHO

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 07:44 PM)
Uhh, no. The point is that Adam Dunn is better than Konerko.

Dunn's ratio of ABs w/RISP (70) to RBIs (59) is 1.18. Compare that to David Ortiz who is at 1.19 (103 ABs w/RISP to 86 RBI). I don't really know what rate you want Dunn to be operating at, but he's clearly up there with the league's best.

Dunn is hitting .236 with runners on.

Ortiz is hitting .339 with runners on.

Dunn is hitting .200 with runners in scoring position.

Ortiz is hitting a measly .339 with runners in scoring position.

Dunn is hitting .211 with men in scoring position and two outs.

Ortiz is hitting .369 with men in scoring position and two outs.

I don't know how you cannot say dunn should have knocked in a hell of a alot more runners than he has.

Paul konerko has 38 rbis in 89 at-bats with men in scoring position.

Adam dun has 30 rbi's in 70 at-bats with men in scoring position.

Seems very similar to me.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 06:56 PM)
Dunn is hitting .236 with runners on.

Ortiz is hitting .339 with runners on. 

Dunn is hitting .200 with runners in scoring position.

Ortiz is hitting a measly .339 with runners in scoring position.

Dunn is hitting .211 with men in scoring position and two outs.

Ortiz is hitting .369 with men in scoring position and two outs.

I don't know how you cannot say dunn should have knocked in a hell of a alot more runners than he has.

Paul konerko has 38 rbis in 89 at-bats with men in scoring position.

Adam dun has 30 rbi's in 70 at-bats with men in scoring position.

Seems very similar to me.

You rock. :)

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 12:56 AM)
I don't want to resign Konerko.  He is too streaky and can't get the job done.  Ross gload should have been in the line-up already.

Streaky? He's been pretty consistent in my book. He's struggled all season hitting, besides the long ball. He used to be a very good all-around hitter. He's completely changed his approach at the plate.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 06:00 PM)
If any more runs score, this game will seriously be over.  That's not even sarcasm or anti-jinx this time.

We got to get Miller out of there, that guy is a stud :rolly

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 06:58 PM)
Streaky?  He's been pretty consistent in my book.  He's struggled all season hitting, besides the long ball.  He used to be a very good all-around hitter.  He's completely changed his approach at the plate.

This goes back to the opinion on his not aging well. He's 29, his power has increased, his average has really dipped and his strikeout rate is rising. He's doing things elite players do in their mid to late 30s. I hope the Sox find another way to spend $40-50 million other than giving it to him.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 01:02 AM)
This goes back to the opinion on his not aging well. He's 29, his power has increased, his average has really dipped and his strikeout rate is rising. He's doing things elite players do in their mid to late 30s. I hope the Sox find another way to spend $40-50 million other than giving it to him.

Exactly. Our money is so much better off going to other positions with this team. PK doesn't fit Ozzieball...and that's what we're building for. If you're going to build a team to fit a particular philosophy, you don't give a guy 3 yr/32 million if he's the total opposite of what your philosophy is.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 07:02 PM)

Unfortunately, he is the best 1st baseman out on the market this year in Free Agency. I would rather use his money to add another top line starter and a reliever and let Gload and a cheap right handed first baseman from FA plantoon at 1st.

Edited by maggsmaggs