White Sox vs. Red Sox 7/23 Game Thread

DBAHO

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 01:04 AM)
Unfortunately, he is the best 1st baseman out on the market this year in Free Agency.  I would rather use his money to add another top line starter and a reliever and let Gload and a cheap right handed first baseman from Free Agency.

I'm all for letting Dye try to play 1b.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 07:56 PM)
Paul konerko has 38 rbis in 89 at-bats with men in scoring position.

Adam dun has 30 rbi's in 70 at-bats with men in scoring position.

Seems very similar to me.

Ok, so in your opinion Dunn and his .970 OPS isn't a superior hitter to Konerko and his .836 OPS. It seems as if you're saying they're on the same level because they perform similarly w/RISP (which is also misleading b/c Dunn has a .943 OPS with RISP to Konerko's .795).

I guess I just really want you to answer this question: do you think Adam Dunn is better than Paul Konerko?

The thing that is upsetting is that this is what happens when you have a lineup of a lot of below average MLB hitters. I'm not sure how to do it, but we have to toughen up this lineup. Just way too many easy outs. And no, this isn't in response to tonight's game. I've been saying we have too many easy outs for a while now.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 07:08 PM)
The thing that is upsetting is that this is what happens when you have a lineup of a lot of below average MLB hitters.  I'm not sure how to do it, but we have to toughen up this lineup.  Just way too many easy outs.  And no, this isn't in response to tonight's game.  I've been saying we have too many easy outs for a while now.

Agreed, right now we are below average overall at ss, 3rd, rf. Average wise 1b, C, 2b.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 01:10 AM)
Agreed, right now we are below average overall at ss, 3rd, rf.  Average wise 1b, C, 2b.

And 2 of those positions you say we're average at...they're currently struggling. I'm so f***ing sick of Juan Urine though.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 08:06 PM)
Ok, so in your opinion Dunn and his .970 OPS isn't a superior hitter to Konerko and his .836 OPS. It seems as if you're saying they're on the same level because they perform similarly w/RISP (which is also misleading b/c Dunn has a .943 OPS with RISP to Konerko's .795).

I guess I just really want you to answer this question: do you think Adam Dunn is better than Paul Konerko?

No way in hell is konerko better than dunn... damn dunn walks at an insane rate with men in scoring position.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 07:12 PM)
Uribe is opening up so f***ing early on every pitch.  The reason he was so good for a portion of the season last year was cause he drove the ball to the opposite field.

All he does is pull the 1st pitch right to the SS or 3B man. He is utterly terrible up there.