White Sox vs. Red Sox 7/23 Game Thread

DBAHO

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Soxfest @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 01:49 AM)
AR is way at the top of the list to me 1 yr f***ing wonder

Well, there's a pattern around the majors if you've noticed. Anyways, he's been playing better lately. Our SS is a huge f***ing liability right now.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 08:48 PM)
I am so sick, really I need a KW trade to lighten the mood.  We seem like the worst first place team ever when we lose.  I guess all this winning is new and when they lose, it's just something we're not used to.

Damn right, I want a trade like no one's business. I don't even know what that means, but I f***ing want a trade.

Yes, he hit that pitch hard.  However, he didn't do anything good at the plate all game.  If we weren't going to use Gload, then why the f*** did we call him up?

Agree with this as well, he should have been in there at 1B for Konerko, especially with Miller going tonite.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 07:48 PM)
OH f***ING HELL... OH s***... WE SUCK... f***... OMG... WE f***ING SUCK...

/there, I feel better...

:rolly

You may joke, but seriously, no one can observe this team recently and believe everything is fine. Don't need to overreact to realize offensive help is needed.

Bad, bad game there. Tonight the hitting was bad not much else to say. They let Miller off the hook early when they could hit him. Carl for the most part has been great at coming through in big situations and just didn't tonight, unfortunately that happens. Just forget about this one, go out and get 'em tomorrow.

QUOTE(Ozzie Montana @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 06:48 PM)
We should have won all three of these games. 

That is the most frustrating part. I don't know what's up w/ this team lately :huh:

Edited by CYGarland

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 08:48 PM)
I am so sick, really I need a KW trade to lighten the mood.  We seem like the worst first place team ever when we lose.  I guess all this winning is new and when they lose, it's just something we're not used to.

I'm just thinking we're not that good. Our record against the good teams outside of the AL Central blows.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 01:50 AM)
Agree with this as well, he should have been in there at 1B for Konerko, especially with Miller going tonite.

Everett should have been in RF, and PK DH with Gload at 1b. We can't sit PK right now. He's our only consistent power threat with Dye out.

QUOTE(Big Hurtin @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 01:51 AM)
Haven't you heard?  A 10+ game lead in July guarantees a playoff spot.

Hell, when the lead was 13 games earlier in the week, I was saying that people were nuts for saying we had it locked. Our schedule is brutal the rest of the way.

I think we talked about this before, but we were NOT going to play .700 ball in the second half. More like .600 or even .550.

.550 still gets us a division crown, and a home field advantage.

We beat who we are supposed to, and now we are going to play pretty much even against these other teams.

BUT WE STILL SUCK.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 01:52 AM)
Hell, when the lead was 13 games earlier in the week, I was saying that people were nuts for saying we had it locked.  Our schedule is brutal the rest of the way.

And if you hadn't noticed, so is the rest of the Centrals. But, how trivial is that?

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 01:51 AM)
I'm just thinking we're not that good. Our record against the good teams outside of the AL Central blows.

I'm not ready to say that, because everytime I think that, we go on a nice stretch. However, this current offense is NOT GOOD. Do you think this offense strikes fear in the opposing team? I would love for the Sox to face teams with the Sox offense. All you have to do is throw a breaking pitch with 2 strikes, and you'll get them out.

QUOTE(atrain081 @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 07:52 PM)
I don't mean to bash the Sox here, but this roster will not bring a world series title.  The pitching is there, but you need a complete team.

I think one thing even this diverse bunch can agree on is that this team needs a shot in the arm offensively.

Everett should have been in RF, and PK DH with Gload at 1b.  We can't sit PK right now.  He's our only consistent power threat with Dye out.

Would not have bothered me to sit him. They go against who tomorrow, Arroyo? He of the good curveball? Konerko should be out for Gload one of the two anyway.

What's the concern about power, I thought the objective was to consistenly go the other way, in terms of hitting?

QUOTE(atrain081 @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 01:52 AM)
I don't mean to bash the Sox here, but this roster will not bring a world series title.  The pitching is there, but you need a complete team.

No, it probably won't. Especially since no one will go to the playoffs because we are doomed to lose before we ever get there. :rolly

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 01:53 AM)
Would not have bothered me to sit him.  They go against who tomorrow, Arroyo?  He of the good curveball?  Konerko should be out for Gload one of the two anyway.

What's the concern about power, I thought the objective was to consistenly go the other way, in terms of hitting?

Yes, but with the way we're playing, we're only scoring with the long ball. PK has swung the bat well lately, so he needs to be in the lineup.

QUOTE(atrain081 @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 08:52 PM)

Id feel a whole lot better if you bashed them just a bit. They diserve it right now with the way they are performing in front of sold out games.