White Sox vs. Red Sox 7/23 Game Thread

DBAHO

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 12:18 AM)
This board would be all over Adam Dunn's ass.  First of all he won't be coming here so forget it IMO.

Second, he strikes out about 1 time in every three at bats and has the tendancy to swing for HR's, hence the low rbi total despite the high HR total.

The grass is always greener is guess, especially in the game threads.

Look at the comparison I made with Pods approach when he was on the Brewers. Getting away from the Reds would be great for Dunn's approach. Also, the NL Central has prolific strikeout pitchers, especially the Cubs. The AL Central doesn't have as many strikeout pitchers in the division.

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 07:21 PM)
Manny ramirez is my favorite outfielder.

I really think that is why he is leading the league in assists. He makes those errors, baserunners go for the extra base and he throws them out.

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 06:21 PM)
hes like 0-9 with bases loaded clutch my ass! he's 4-38 with bases loaded in his career some pathetic stat like that.. clutch guess again!

He's hitting something like .350 with RISP.

GUESS AGAIN!

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 12:21 AM)
hes like 0-9 with bases loaded clutch my ass! he's 4-38 with bases loaded in his career some pathetic stat like that.. clutch guess again!

3 run homer off of Hoffman

2 rbi single vs Dodgers in the 8th

game tying single vs Dodgers in the 9th

That's good enough for me.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 07:22 PM)
Yeah, except the fact that Dunn has more walks, doubles, and home runs, they're pretty much the same player.

They both drive runs in at a very bad rate.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 06:22 PM)
Yeah, except the fact that Dunn has more walks, doubles, and home runs, they're pretty much the same player.

Look at his clutch stats, please. I never said they were the same player but they're similar in the fact that both have low ba's and swing for the fences a ton.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 06:26 PM)
Everett looked stupid.

He's not having a very good game. This is the complete opposite of what Carl has done all season, he usually comes through when we need him. Hopefully others can pick him up this game.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 12:26 AM)
Hey, I didn't know Wade Miller was up for a Cy Young this year.  Gee, here I thought he sucked.

He has the worst stuff of any pitcher we've struggled against all season. That's saying something.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 07:26 PM)
This is vintage Everett from a few months ago.  His swing is entirely too long right now.

After he fouled off that ball and walked out of the box and screamed.

I think he yelled, "Dinosaurs!"

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 06:27 PM)
He's not having a very good game.  This is the complete opposite of what Carl has done all season, he usually comes through when we need him.  Hopefully others can pick him up this game.

Someones gonna have to step up and get it done. Miller is throwing complete trash out there and we're making him look like he's CY Young.

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 06:21 PM)

Rowand hit a homer to win a game against SD. He also had a big hit with 2 out in the 9th in that miraculous comeback against LA.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 12:27 AM)
He's not having a very good game.  This is the complete opposite of what Carl has done all season, he usually comes through when we need him.  Hopefully others can pick him up this game.

Here's my worry with Everett. I have a feeling he's pressing a little with Frank out. Before Frank came back, Everett was struggling big time also, as he couldn't even make contact with the ball it seemed. Everett's swing is so much longer tonight than it was for the last month.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 06:23 PM)
He's hitting something like .350 with RISP.

GUESS AGAIN!

look up his bases loaded stats ? Thats why the guys is leading the league with 30 something rbi's... yeah !

Does our offense realize they're facing Miller? No one can credit Miller because he's been throwing, on average, two straight fastballs down the middle of the plate per AB and EVERY BATTER is just behind it. Offense deserves full criticism.

These pitiful displays against a shoddy pitcher is exactly what lends people, such as myself, to question our team's offense. It's not overreacting after one game. It's a constant pattern of our offense putting together poor AB's, failing to string together hits, and most importantly, overrelying on the HR.

Look at the ball Manny missed in LF. If that would have happen to us, this game would have been cut wide open. f***ing sad we can't even take advantage of extra opportunities to score against this scrub.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 06:28 PM)
look up his bases loaded stats ?  Thats why the guys is leading the league with 30 something rbi's... yeah !

Look up his risp with 2 outs stats. Also read this thread fathom and others have brough up great examples of how clutch aaron has been this season.

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 07:28 PM)
look up his bases loaded stats ?  Thats why the guys is leading the league with 30 something rbi's... yeah !

Two hits in seven at-bats which is a .286 batting average which also means he drove in five runs.

In otherwords stfu.

Edited by qwerty

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 06:28 PM)
Rowand hit a homer to win a game against SD. He also had a big hit with 2 out in the 9th in that miraculous comeback against LA.

2 or 3 games u call that a gamer! Look at Manny every game he delivers a big hit.. sort of like Baines use with us! Rowand is not that good people get over it! Big deal he likes the Bears .. give mne some guy that loves soccer and produces for the Sox than some chump thta likes Da' bears and cant do crap! We wanna win baseball games here, not a popularity contest.. hes a great guy but does nothing productive day in and night out for us!