Randa to the Padres

fathom

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 12:09 PM)
I'm going to pat myself on the back and say I told ya'll. I said that the Padres were looking at him and probably would get him within the past week, but everyone overlooked my post about it.

:huh I thought everyone knew the Pads were the frontrunners for Randa.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 06:06 PM)
Padres are moving big time.  Im telling you, they are the darkhorse in the NL in the playoffs.  Peavy is scary and Hoffman is a terrific closer.

Watch out.

Padres have looked like crap lately. I don't see how getting Ponson will help them. Randa vs Nevin isn't exactly a big offensive upgrade.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 12:10 PM)
Padres have looked like crap lately.  I don't see how getting Ponson will help them.  Randa vs Nevin isn't exactly a big offensive upgrade.

They're 3 games over and have a 3.5 game lead in their division, how sad is that?

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 01:06 PM)
Padres are moving big time.  Im telling you, they are the darkhorse in the NL in the playoffs.  Peavy is scary and Hoffman is a terrific closer.

Watch out.

Peavy and Hoffman are awesome..........and that's about it. They'd be one of the worst playoff teams in recent memory, IMHO.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 06:16 PM)
Don't matter, 2 prospects for Randa is pretty high. One of them has to be at least a mid level guy.

What, were you expecting to get a 3rd baseman who's a very solid MLB hitter for nothing?

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 06:17 PM)
If the prospects aren't 2 top guys then no, it's really not that high a price.

If people think that's a lot to give up for Randa, they might want to cover their eyes when they read what we'd have to give up for Burnett or Schmidt.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 12:18 PM)
If people think that's a lot to give up for Randa, they might want to cover their eyes when they read what we'd have to give up for Burnett or Schmidt.

Look at our top 20 prospects. I wouldn't give them 2 of them for Randa. That's my honest opinion. 10-20 is a mid level prospect essentially unless you're a team like the Brewers or Angels. Then that's a top prospect.

Justin Germano was one of the players in the trade. 21 IP, 21 R in 2004. Should fit right in with the Reds.

Randa would have been good insurance against Crede's back flaring up, and with Frank out, could have DH'ed occasionally or pinch hit. But it's too late now.

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 12:06 PM)

Watch out.

Yeah, they needed some bats , still think they might get another bat!

Padres optioned third baseman Sean Burroughs to Triple-A Portland.

We're still optimistic that Burroughs will end up as a solid regular someday, but this is a move the Padres had to make. The 24-year-old was hitting just .255/.327/.302 in 255 at-bats. If he's not traded, he'll return in September and act as a pinch-hitter. Jul. 23 - 3:44 pm et

Was'nt there some people that liked him on this board? :huh