New Ideas

nitetrain8601

Well basically here it goes.

Trade BMac, Chris Young(place Contreras in here if necessary), Timo/Willie for AJ Burnett

Flip AJ to Cincinnatti for Ken Griffey Jr.

Trade Paul Konerko to San Diego for Brian Lawrence(or stick a lower level prospect in there and try for Adam Eaton)

Why such crazy moves? Well, PK is the ultimate rally killer. Bases could be loaded and 1 out and he'll GDP. 2 outs with a man on 2nd and 3rd, and he'll K. Frankly we're sick of PK. For a power hitter, he really sucks. He's becoming what Sammy Sosa was for the Cubs last year. He'll give you the opposite of what you need. Very untimely hitting.

Griffey would solidify the middle of the order. Put him behind or ahead of Frank. He doesn't only hit for HR's, but also likes to hit the ball period. We'll need someone like that in the playoffs because PK can't get that done.

CF-Podsednik

2B-Iguchi

CF-Griffey Jr.

DH-Thomas

1B-Dye

RF-Rowand

C-Pierzynski

3B-Crede

SS-Uribe

Now why move PK? Because that little b**** would complain being demoted. So get rid of him. Plus everyone wants another SP. Padres surely would do PK for Lawrence since they are losing a 1B and if anything else, they could flip PK for someone else. Lawrence would give us a decent #5.

SP:

Buehrle

Garcia

Garland

Contreras

Lawrence

We keep our depth intact and don't lose any MR pitching.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 08:16 PM)
We're not trading PK, that I will guarantee you.  How many times do you see a team with a 10 game lead trade their marquee offensive player?

That's the problem. PK is seen as our offensive leader. He's not any type of leader for this team. Everett has better numbers IMHO than PK.

QUOTE(knightni @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 08:17 PM)
Ugh.

I fail to see how that improves the Sox.

Better timely hitting. Go look at PK's stats with RISP and you'll see how it improves us.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 08:19 PM)
DO NOT TRADE CHRIS YOUNG. HE'S JUST ABOUT THE ONLY UNTOUCHABLE WE HAVE.

I don't want Griffey, he'll be on the payroll until 2025 and can tear his hamstring at any time.

Chris Young seems like the odd man out for the future. We already have Anderson and Sweeney. You have to trade one of them because you at least still have Pods and Rowand.

Griffey is better than PK. That's a fact.

QUOTE(sircaffey @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 08:22 PM)
Frank needs to come back healthy for one thing.  Carl's just not the man to stabilize the offense as it's clear Pauly can't handle that.  If any move is made to upgrade the offense, it better be for Uribe.  He flat out sucks...

Good thing is Uribe is a 9 hitter. Konerko is depended on as our #4 hitter. That's a problem.

QUOTE(knightni @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 08:27 PM)
San Diego will not want Konerko.

They won't be able to trade Nevin.

Apparently, Bruce Boche(sp?) is having dinner with Nevin to convince him to leave. They're going to bench him if he doesn't leave in favor of Xavier Nady I think it was. SD will take Konerko because they will look at his HR numbers. Trust me, they'd take PK for Lawrence.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 10:32 PM)
Apparently, Bruce Boche(sp?) is having dinner with Nevin to convince him to leave. They're going to bench him if he doesn't leave in favor of Xavier Nady I think it was. SD will take Konerko because they will look at his HR numbers. Trust me, they'd take PK for Lawrence.

I can't see them dealing Lawrence.

Eaton is out for awhile with his finger injury and SD is competing for the NL West division.

They can't get rid of an important SP without a SP in return.

I think a more likely location for PK could be the Mets. Maybe we could swing a 3-way deal with them and the Reds. Mets have some good pitching prospects that the Reds might want. The last thing we should do is trade PK for a pitcher though. If the organization really thinks Dye can play 1b, then I'm not against putting Rowand in RF, and KG Jr. in CF.

QUOTE(knightni @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 02:36 AM)
I can't see them dealing Lawrence.

Eaton is out for awhile with his finger injury and SD is competing for the NL West division.

They can't get rid of an important SP without a SP in return.

Eaton can't throw a curve for the rest of the season because of elbow pain. Lawrence isn't a good pitcher. Petco to the Cell is just a huge mental difference.

I'm just as frustrated with Konerko and Uribe as everyone else, but Griffey? Too injury prone... how about we expand on that proposed deal with Toronto and see if they're now willing to give up Wells? Replace Konerko with Hillenbrand... who cares if he has half the homers... he's got just as many rbis and is hitting 50 points higher. He can spell Crede at third too and let Gload play 1B. Wells is just heating up right now and is primed for a monster second half.

Trade Uribe for Vizquel... I don't even care if Schmidt is in the deal. We've seen our pitching can keep up... maybe add another reliever... but our offense is horrible. I'd prefer Lugo for the longterm, but this year... anybody but Uribe should be the motto. Rollins if we could pry him, A Gonzalez from the Marlins would be better than Uribe. Anybody else notice that Uribe is hitting nearly exactly what he was hitting in Colorado the year before he came to the Sox? How unfortunately coincidental...

Everett's been looking pathetic against breaking balls as he has all year... I think opposing pitchers have figured that out. Ship him out in a trade if we could get Wells and let Pods, Aaron, Dye, and Wells share the OF/DH duties.

One more relief pitcher would be great. Seattle has said that they will be willing to deal some of their veteran relief pitchers closer to the deadline, and I say go for the lefty Villone. Maybe even get Batista from the Jays and make it a jumbo deal.

Finally, fire Greg Walker, it NEEDS to be done. Sox hitters need a shakeup. Opposing pitchers know how to approach the Sox, therefore they need someone to guide them in a new direction.

Now here's a decent balanced offense:

Pods

Gooch/Arow/Vizquel

Wells

Dye

Hillenbrand

AJ

Gooch/Arow

Crede

Gooch/Vizquel

Would that be so hard to do? Let the Jays raid the farm.

Edited by Frank the Tank 35

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 09:09 PM)
It's not a video game trade. Damn, why dismiss a trade so quickly without even giving it some real insight.

Because it was retarded.

First off, why not just stop after getting AJB (which by the way has no major league talent in the deal, Timo and Willie don't count)? I'd take AJB and Konerko over Lawrence and Griffey Jr. You never know when Griffey is going to go down and paying him twenty years from now sucks.

Padres would not deal Lawrence for Konerko either. Why give up a decent pitcher signed cheaply you have through '07 for a 1B who will be gone in a couple months? Doesn't make sense to me. A ground ball pitcher in PETCO is a whole lot more valuable than a home run hitter from Coors East.

I know you're proud of it but just stop.