The AJ Burnett 24 Hour Window Thread

AddisonStSox

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 01:49 PM)
I am listening to 670 AM and they are reporting that they are finalizing it. They are trying to agree on how much the Marlins will pay of the remainder of Lowell's contract and the Sox are also trying to negotiate with AJ Burnett to sign a new deal.

:pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray If this is true I will let you choose any avatar and I will sport that b**** proudly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 01:49 PM)
I am listening to 670 AM and they are reporting that they are finalizing it. They are trying to agree on how much the Marlins will pay of the remainder of Lowell's contract and the Sox are also trying to negotiate with AJ Burnett to sign a new deal.

Did they say the whole deal and other players involved???

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 01:53 PM)
Didnt know Lowell was still in the deal......Marte BMAC for AJ and Lowell, I think I would stand behind that deal in a second.

Dude, add me to your Baj club!

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 11:53 AM)
Didnt know Lowell was still in the deal......Marte BMAC for AJ and Lowell, I think I would stand behind that deal in a second.

What happens if Lowell actually turns it around this year or next...this would be a huge pick up...I remember when Ensberg struggled everyone said he sucked and then he turned it around and same way with Chavez...man so many people talking about how Chavez sucks... btw how is he doing today?? :bang

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 11:55 AM)
No, they didn't. I am assuming it is still Damaso Marte and Brandon McCarthy. They have always reported that and never reported anything different.

Wow, Lowell and Burnett while just giving up BMAC and Marte. Please Score, be correct on this one! :pray

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 12:55 PM)
What happens if Lowell actually turns it around this year or next...this would be a huge pick up...I remember when Ensberg struggled everyone said he sucked and then he turned it around and same way with Chavez...man so many people talking about how Chavez sucks... btw how is he doing today?? :bang

Dont even get me started on the Chavez thing. I would like to go back to that thread and see who all was saying he was done, mentioning roids..nobody around him to hit...etc etc. Chavez is, and will always be god.

Lowell could at least give Joe a break as well as Kong too. He would be a nice addition.

QUOTE(scotty22hotty @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 12:57 PM)
BMAC+ Marte for Burnett & Lowell + Cash seems a little lopsided. I think Jenks will we thrown in also.

I don't know about the Jenks part (because we don't have enough depth in the pen to do give up 2 arms), but I agree that it seems a little lopsided.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 01:56 PM)
I don't know, just reporting what is being reported. Steve Stone is on the score right now so it is a good listen. If you have a chance tune in.

Meh, they're talking about the Scrubbies and the NL East now...

QUOTE(scotty22hotty @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 12:57 PM)
BMAC+ Marte for Burnett & Lowell + Cash seems a little lopsided. I think Jenks will we thrown in also.

No he wont, I dont think they would throw Jenks in on any deal. He is too rare a find.

didnt see this posted... from the Miami Herald

Burnett options narrow

BY CLARK SPENCER

[email protected]

The Marlins have apparently narrowed their focus to the Chicago White Sox in discussions for A.J. Burnett, but there remains a chance the pitcher won't be dealt before Sunday's trade deadline.

That's because the White Sox aren't sure they can sign Burnett, a free agent after the season, to an extension that would keep him in Chicago beyond this year.

Burnett said he's content to remain with the Marlins through this season but would rather test the free agent market to gauge his value than agree to an extension with a new team if the Marlins are able to work out a trade.

''If it's the right team and the right place, why not?'' Burnett said of signing an extension if traded. ``But I'm still pretty key on seeing what's going on in the off-season.''

The White Sox could likely give up minor-league starter Brandon McCarthy and left-handed reliever Damaso Marte to get Burnett.

If they trade Burnett, the Marlins might also look to acquire a starting pitcher from some other team.[/b][/size]

it's all us, boys.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 05:58 PM)
Lowell and Burnett for just Marte and McCarthy seems a little...fishy...to me.

It is very fishy. They are both very fishy at the moment. Hopefully they will be very pale in the next couple hours.

Anyway, Lowell is a salary dump. They just want to get rid of him so they can move Cabrera to 3B.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 01:59 PM)
didnt see this posted... from the Miami Herald

it's all us, boys.

Someone posted that already, but definitely good news, as long as we dont give up Count.

I guess we have the best chance to land him now but a deal is still not guaranteed. Nothing new except for the Marlins focusing solely on the White Sox now.

Jul 25 The Miami Herald's Clark Spencer reports the Florida Marlins have apparently narrowed their focus to the Chicago White Sox in discussions for SP A.J. Burnett, but there remains a chance the pitcher won't be dealt before the July 31 trade deadline. The White Sox could likely give up minor-league SP Brandon McCarthy and RP Damaso Marte to get Burnett.
Edited by Ozzie Montana

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 01:00 PM)
It is very fishy. They are both very fishy at the moment. Hopefully they will be very pale in the next couple hours.

Anyway, Lowell is a salary dump. They just want to get rid of him so they can move Cabrera to 3B.

Fact is, they want to get rid of Lowell. And they wont have AJ past this season, so its either get nothing for them, or some good players, including our #1 prospect and one of the most dependable lefties for the last 4 years in the AL.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 11:49 AM)

the sox are getting lowell too???

Don't know if this has been posted yet.

The White Sox are still waiting on the Marlins to accept or reject their offer of Brandon McCarthy, Damaso Marte and maybe Jose Contreras for A.J. Burnett.

Although previous indications were that the White Sox would insist on a contract extension with Burnett to complete the deal, the Chicago Tribune suggests GM Ken Williams may soften his stance if he receives assurances Burnett would put the Sox at the top of his list during the winter. ''I'm kind of both ways with it,'' Burnett said Sunday about signing an extension before the winter. ''If it's the right team and the right place, then why not? But I'm still pretty keen on seeing what's going on in the offseason. But, like I said, if it's the right place and the right team, absolutely.'' The Tribune believes Burnett might be more likely to agree to an in-season extension with the Red Sox than with the White Sox. Jul. 25 - 12:49 pm et

Source: Chicago Tribune

via rotoworld.