The AJ Burnett 24 Hour Window Thread

AddisonStSox

Just said that the Red Sox have offered Anibal Sanchez, Bronson Arroyo, and possibily a relief pitcher for Burnett and the Marlins haven't called back. He said the Marlins FO is still upset with the Sox management and the current favors to get Burnett are the White Sox enough though they don't have the bets offer on the table. He also said Burnett has said he won't sign a extension with any oter team but the Red Sox. Then the other guy said so Burnett has soem trade leverge.

I can't believe that Beinefest and the front office are this stupid. IMO they are acting like Kids. The Red Sox have the best deal on the table. The deal is likely, Embree, Arroyo, Sanchez for Burnett and possibily Reed. I think Reed is only involved cause the Marlins are not very high on him and they will need to clear a roster spot if they acquire Ambree and Arroyo. IF Gammnons said that Sanxhez is in the offer then im 100% SURE that the Red Sox are offering him to us.

For future reference the avearge age of posters and marlins baseball might be 13.

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Bonkeymutt @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 03:37 PM)
I see absolutely no advantage in acquiring Burnett.  Why give up a hot prospect (McCarthy) and a decent lefty (Marte) for an over-rated arm we don't really need.  Marte hasn't been as good this year, but I really don't think we need a trade right now.  Have you guys forgotten that we're 31 games over .500 right now?  Why in the world would we want to change anything?

2001 Seattle Mariners.

QUOTE(soxfan3530 @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 02:34 PM)
wow 47 pages and 36 members reading. damn all this speculation. this thing needs to get done so we can all move on with our lives.

No kidding... I've got to take the bar exam tommorow...

I see absolutely no advantage in acquiring Burnett.  Why give up a hot prospect (McCarthy) and a decent lefty (Marte) for an over-rated arm we don't really need.  Marte hasn't been as good this year, but I really don't think we need a trade right now.  Have you guys forgotten that we're 31 games over .500 right now?  Why in the world would we want to change anything?

We woulld want to change things to get better... but acquiring burnett will not improve us ... imo anyway.

We may be 31 games over .500 but we can always get better. And the only thing we'd really be changing is losing an expendable inconsistent arm out of the pen and gaining a more reliable starting pitcher and possible adding a little more infield depth with Lowell which is never a bad thing. I wouldn't call that a total makeover of the 25 man roster.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 03:31 PM)
I see you double -posted.  But this  double-post was needed.  f*** Peter Gammons

I was shut out of the site due to "too many connections" while I was posting that reply. Whatever happened when i was shut out caused it to double reply, sorry bout that.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan13 @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 03:43 PM)
Any news/updates from the Score? So as far as we know we're still just negotiating what Florida will pay of Lowell's contract?

Just so you know, when/if something happens, EVERYONE is going to know.

QUOTE(Bonkeymutt @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 02:40 PM)
so if we get lowell, who will be sent down?

It has to be Harris. The whole reason he was still up and Gload was down in the minors tearing it up was because of Crede's suspect back. Now if get Lowell, we'll have two other 3B and no need for Willie.

Hot prospect who has been nothing short of Garbage at the major league level. He is not ready to contribute yet, and we still dont know if he ever will. He hasnt proven anything and contributes nothing to the team at this point. Marte is the worst arm out of the pen at this moment, and can be replaced by the starter who will be displaced with AJB. AJB has more quality starts that JC and EL DUQUE and is showing improvement in his first full season back. He has the power arm that is coveted in the post season and can dominate. Lowell will spell relief for Crede as well as be an effective hitter against LH pitching, which we have lacked.

QUOTE(Ishmookie @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 02:51 PM)
if burnett doesnt resign the sox could ship him to philly for wagner. apparently theyre saying they want burnett and theyd give wagner up for him.

I think the Phillies just recently took Wags off the block IIRC. Otherwise, that probably would have worked as the Phillies wanted Burnett.