Harold Reynolds

Chisoxfn

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(sircaffey @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 03:25 PM)
Perhaps Eyre comes with Omar while Marte and BMac go for Burnett/Wagner...

Thats entirely possible. I do think that Kenny is looking to potentially upgrade offensively. You also know that Kenny is being careful about who he's targeting. He's being very open with Ozzie and is asking Ozzie's opinion on guys cause they know they don't want to mess with the club too much (it would be assinine to blow apart the team with the best record in baseball...ie giving up a bunch of major leaguers in trades).

Omar can slide in, with Willie getting demoted or moved somewhere else. Juan goes to the bench. The move makes sense. You lose no key contributors and get a guy that the Sox are very familiar with (both Kenny and Ozzie) and a guy that would be very happy playing in Chicago. He is a good defensive player (fits a need cause I refuse to make any deals that downgrade the club defensively), he's a good small ball player, and he's a major upgrade than the player thats currently starting there.

Billy Wagner replacing Marte (would Marte and a prospect interest the Phills) it may just. It seems it would take Burnett, but who knows. Regardless I could see Marte going because Ozzie appears very frustrated by his lack of consistency and strikes.

Sox are gonna add a starter or reliever and potentially an infielder. Aside from that I don't see anything (No outfielders or DH's or 1st baseman). If they deal Marte in a trade for a starter, than you'll see 3 new players...a starter, a reliever, and maybe an infielder.

QUOTE(sircaffey @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 03:38 PM)
May be something insignificant, but when Ozzie came out to get the ball from Marte, there was no usual clap or slap on the butt from Ozzie.  Just grabbed the ball.

Thats probably cause he was ticked at Damaso, but who knows.

QUOTE(sircaffey @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 05:38 PM)
May be something insignificant, but when Ozzie came out to get the ball from Marte, there was no usual clap or slap on the butt from Ozzie.  Just grabbed the ball.

he was pissed, even after the game he wasnt happy, but yes i do think its insignificant. they arent gonna trade him because he walked two guys

As much as i would love to have Omar here THIS season at SS. It just wont happen. He has 2 more years left on his contract and San Fran's GM pretty much said he is keeping the team as is and waiting for Barry's big return in '06. That is why Schmidt won't be dealt either.

Besides what would you rather have at SS the next few years a young excellent defensive SS or an ageing veteran on his last leg?

QUOTE(sircaffey @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 11:38 PM)

He is sick of him walking so many guys. It is really getting to Ozzie. Insignificant yes, but he is f'n pissed!

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 05:49 PM)
Besides what would you rather have at SS the next few years a young excellent defensive SS or an ageing veteran on his last leg?

is both an adequate answer?

Another guy who is available for next to nothing is Soriano of Texas. Of course you wouldn't want him playing secondbase much. But depending on Thomas' status he would make a pretty interesting DH with a lot of power and speed and strikeouts. Plus you could non tender him during the off season. I believe he is arb eligible. Its just a thought, I would prefer a LH bat.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 04:07 PM)
Another guy who is available for next to nothing is Soriano of Texas. Of course you wouldn't want him playing secondbase much. But depending on Thomas' status he would make a pretty interesting DH with a lot of power and speed and strikeouts. Plus you could non tender him during the off season. I believe he is arb eligible. Its just a thought, I would prefer a LH bat.

He could be a very intriguing DH. I think Soriano is someone the Sox could look at this offseason as well. He's a great athlete and is a heck of a player. Definately don't want him in the field though.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 06:07 PM)

I dislike Soriano very much.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 05:22 PM)
Nothing official or anything.  Simply said he has heard that Vizquel may end up in Chicago.  Thats big to me because for the most part its been indicated that Omar isn't on the trade block. 

All I'm saying is that I'm excited as hell that I hear his name come up as potentially available cause he makes so much sense.  I can't speak enough about how big of a pickup this would be.  People can talk about his contract being a little long, but he's still producing now and whose to say he won't for the remainder.

Regardless, there are plenty of worse contracts out there, and well frankl, I don't care about him being over the hill the last year of his deal, cause he's the type of guy that makes the Sox a more likely WS candidate and thats what its all about. 

Gio/Valido for Omar and I'll do it.  I'd be more thrilled if it took less, but I'll give up some of the best prospects in the org for him.

While this would be good news, it is Harold Reynolds and its mostly crap that comes out of his mouth.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 04:08 PM)
While this would be good news, it is Harold Reynolds and its mostly crap that comes out of his mouth.

I still say, no move would be greater for this team than Omar Vizquel. Billy Wagner would be a close 2nd (i'm talking about realistic move too...not like a Timo Perez for Roger Clemens deal).

I remain unconvinced that SFG is going to deal any major player. The globe reported that they've had scouts tailing the Red Sox since the all-star break but I that's because they have a strong pen & the Red Sox appear desperate.

It makes sense if you're out of it but I expect to contend in 2006 to deal from your pen because that's the easiest to upgrade in the off-season. There are always quality arms for the pen available.

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 06:21 PM)
I remain unconvinced that SFG is going to deal any major player.  The globe reported that they've had scouts tailing the Red Sox since the all-star break but I that's because they have a strong pen & the Red Sox appear desperate.

It makes sense if you're out of it but I expect to contend in 2006 to deal from your pen because that's the easiest to upgrade in the off-season.  There are always quality arms for the pen available.

No stats?

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 12:08 AM)

Harold Reynolds has some massive connections in baseball. His brother is a big time agent, and I think Reynolds would have a pretty good feel for what's going on.

Uribe's deceptive stats: R,RBI

2004 Pre-AS 302AB 51R, 37RBI

2004 Pos-AS 200AB 31R, 37RBI

2005 Pre-AS 240AB 26R, 38RBI

2005 Pos-AS 32AB 2R, 8RBI

His 2004 June & July numbers are worse than his 2005.

In 2004 he really rebounded in Aug & Sep so there's reason to believe he can do it again in 2005.

But here's the thing:

In 2004 the bulk of his AB's were 2nd in the lineup:

260AB .285A/.846OPS

Why not shake up the lineup?

1-SPods

2-Uribe

3-Iguchi

4-Dye

5-Konerko

6-Rowand

7-Everett/Thomas

8-AJ

9-Crede

If you're worried he'll bring down SPods look at this:

2005 RON 105AB .286A/.732OPS

Edited by JUGGERNAUT

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 08:42 PM)
Uribe's deceptive stats: R,RBI

2004 Pre-AS 302AB 51R, 37RBI

2004 Pos-AS 200AB 31R, 37RBI 

2005 Pre-AS 240AB 26R, 38RBI

2005 Pos-AS 32AB 2R, 8RBI

His 2004 June & July numbers are worse than his 2005.

In 2004 he really rebounded in Aug & Sep so there's reason to believe he can do it again in 2005.

But here's the thing:

In 2004 the bulk of his AB's were 2nd in the lineup:

260AB .285A/.846OPS

Why not shake up the lineup?

1-SPods

2-Uribe

3-Iguchi

4-Dye

5-Konerko

6-Rowand

7-Everett/Thomas

8-AJ

9-Crede

If you worried he'll bring down SPods look at this:

2005 RON 105AB .286A/.732OPS

The thing is that Vizquel is leading the world in VORZEN/AB and QRISPIDP in away games. This makes him a better fit than any other player in baseball for the Sox.