Poor Prior

Brian

QUOTE(Brian @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 06:35 PM)
3 solo HR's in the first! Nunez, Edmonds, and Mabry, and not Grudz with a double.

Interesting, this could be a big week for the Cubs, if Wood has to go on DL and they fall further behind in wild card, they may be sellers next weekend

They obviously wouldn't sell Lee, Prior, Ramirez and a few others, but I imagine Burnitz, Dempster, Perez, Walker, Blanco would have some value as extra pieces to a contending team

It would be interesting to see if they make Maddux available, I know his contract was really back loaded so next years $$ are huge for him, Cubs might want to dump that

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 06:38 PM)
Interesting, this could be a big week for the Cubs, if Wood has to go on DL and they fall further behind in wild card, they may be sellers next weekend

They obviously wouldn't sell Lee, Prior, Ramirez and a few others, but I imagine Burnitz, Dempster, Perez, Walker, Blanco would have some value as extra pieces to a contending team

It would be interesting to see if they make Maddux available, I know his contract was really back loaded so next years $$ are huge for him, Cubs might want to dump that

I can promise you the Cubs won't be selling.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 07:38 PM)

if he does i think there is a good possibility he could go to either the Red Sox or maybe even the Braves depending on the injuries.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 09:21 PM)
The Northsiders just got bent over.  Anyone else watching the national game on ESPN?

Wow.  Bad call goes to the Cards on the "safe" call at second on Luna's steal.

thus issssssssssss greeeeeeeeeat. Pujols could win the game. :pray

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 03:21 AM)
The Northsiders just got bent over.  Anyone else watching the national game on ESPN?

It was a close play. You're never going to get the call on a high tag like that. The umpire is looking for when the foot touches the base.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 10:21 PM)

Yeah, I'm watching it. It's hilarious...they're falling apart right in front of my eyes.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 03:24 AM)
This is just priceless.  If the Cards come back and win this, the Cubbies and their scores of mindless fans are going to be demoralized.

And they'll make that play at 2nd base seem like the worst call of all time.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 09:27 PM)
That was one of the weaker ABs I've seen from Pujols in a while.  With an open base and a 3-2 count, how do you not know the slider is coming?

Yeah, you tell that Albert Pujols how to hit major league pitching! :lol: :lol: :bang :bang

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 03:29 AM)
Yeah, you tell that Albert Pujols how to hit major league pitching! :lol:  :lol:  :bang  :bang

Ha, good point. You can tell his shoulder is hurting. He normally has the best looking swing in baseball, but even Joe Morgan can notice the little change.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 09:29 PM)
Ha, good point.  You can tell his shoulder is hurting.  He normally has the best looking swing in baseball, but even Joe Morgan can notice the little change.

Well, you have to take anything Joe Morgan says with a grain of salt.

He probably thought he was best-suited human in the stadium to be at the plate in that situation.

Joe Morgan Fan Club: 1. Joe Morgan

PM To Join :lol: :lol:

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 03:40 AM)
Welp, Neifi Perez hit a grandslam.  That's f***ing pathetic.

That was pretty f***ing cheap. And Joe Morgan is back to blowing another minority player....what a shocker. He's the most reverse racist baseball character I've ever listened to.