Nomar to do Rehab in Peoria

innersanctum

I got an email from the Peoria Chiefs to let me know that Nomar is going to be playing at home this week in Peoria doing his rehab stint.

Why is he doing his rehab in Peoria rather than Des Moines?

I know this is a Sox board, but I am just curious if anyone has any insight as to why Class A instead of Class AAA for Nomar.

QUOTE(innersanctum @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 09:00 AM)
I got an email from the Peoria Chiefs to let me know that Nomar is going to be playing at home this week in Peoria doing his rehab stint.

Why is he doing his rehab in Peoria rather than Des Moines? 

I know this is a Sox board, but I am just curious if anyone has any insight as to why Class A instead of Class AAA for Nomar.

Peoria is closer than Des Moines.

Plus, single A is usually the place that severely injured players go to rehab.

I was thinking about trying to catch a Chiefs game that Nomar plays in, Thursday is Thirsty Thursday with $1 beers, so that might be the night to go.

I'd like to buy a $6 outfield lawn ticket and catch a Nomar homer. Then the only question I'd have to figure out is whether to A. Throw the ball back or B. get Nomar to sign it and try to sell it for hundreds of dollars to some stupid Cubs fan.

QUOTE(UofIChiSox @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 10:45 PM)
I definitely hate that tradition too, the only good thing would be pissing off all the people around me who would have loved to get that ball.

Sell it. It's a minor league HR ball.

i got two free vouchers for box seats to go to yesterdays game but it was a rain out. They played a double header today.....both 7 innings each.....and Nomar is just playing one of them.....to bad I work until 6:30/7:00 or I would have went....oh well

Edited by TheBlackSox8

QUOTE(rudylaw @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 01:04 PM)
I live in Peoria and will be going to tonights game.  It is hilarious how much of a story it is down here, it is like front page news.

I hear yeah...all the news channels are freaking out about it. not that big of deal to me....but it is pretty cool to have that caliber player playing for a minor league team where i live.