what a jag

daa84

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 05:39 PM)
Well, that guy is an idiot. Uuum, he really has no right to say that the BoSox are better.

1.) We have a better record.

2.) We spilt the series.

3.) Our division is arguably a tougher division.

4.) We have a better record.

5.) Our defense is better.

6.) Our pitching is better.

7.) Other than Ortiz and Ramirez. They really have nobody offensively.

I agree with most of this, but you might want to rethink #7. They do have a guy by the name of Johnny Damon. Varitek ain't bad either.

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 03:45 PM)
I agree with most of this, but you might want to rethink #7.  They do have a guy by the name of Johnny Damon.  Varitek ain't bad either.

Yeah, I was thinking that as I typed it but I was talking in terms of production. Dont get me wrong. Damon was an all star but Ortiz and Manny are their 2 big guys they rely on to get runs in. Damon is a great player. Vartiek.....meh.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 09:46 AM)
Kevin Millar continues to act like a f***ing dips***.  Wow, who would have ever guessed his numbers would go down once steroids were banned from the game?  I was told a few years ago he was one of the biggest abusers in baseball.

Millar said nothing wrong (here). not too many people are convinced Hermanson can close (I was convinced after he got that save vs. Detroit when Pudge hit that lead-off triple), and he was right about Dye, Konerko, and Thomas.

Reynolds I have to say did give us some props on BBTN. After the last game of the series he made points from each game in the series....Said something along the lines that we had the chance to win everygame, and should have at least won 3 barring that crede play. First thing I have herd from him that I liked. But the fact of the matter is yes....we won't get any respect until we win anything....let this guy jabber on anyway its what the boston fans want to hear. Bostonians are on a high horse and its going to be up to us to take them out come playoff time....

QUOTE(AirScott @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 03:59 PM)
yeah, other than Ortiz, Ramirez, Damon, Varitek, Nixon, Renteria and Mueller, they REALLY have nobody offensively.

Hmmmm, uuuuuum, no. Damon is not a run producer. Varitek cannot be counted on as a consistent bat. Nixon, haha, sure. Renteria has been up and down. Mueller, yeah, sure.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 02:03 PM)
Hmmmm, uuuuuum, no. Damon is not a run producer. Varitek cannot be counted on as a consistent bat. Nixon, haha, sure. Renteria has been up and down. Mueller, yeah, sure.

I hate the Red Sox as much as anyone, but them not having anyone outside of Ortiz or Manny is just flat out dumb.

The Red Sox are quite possibly the best offensive team in the majors. You can make an argument for them.

Major League Rankings:

OPS: .809 (1)

OBP: .358 (1)

SLG: .451 (6)

HITS: 952 (1)

RUNS: 535 (2)

RBI: 515 (2)

Their Road OPS is .808, and their home OPS is .809.

If they still had Pedro Martinez... :bang

It's all for not without the pitching.

The thing that pisses me off the most is the continued idea that the AL Central is a weak division. It's easy to see that 32 of our wins are against the Central, but all the teams in the central standings have better or even record than the team in the East with the same spot in the standings. Chicago has a better record than Boston, Minnesota is better than NY, all the way down to KC being a half game better than TB. The Central just isn't weak anymore, but the stigma won't die!

The Red Sox have a terrific offense but their pitching isn't all that good right now. Fact of the matter is we split a 4 game set against a good team. Woulda, coulda, shoulda won 3 games but Iguchi made some bad plays, Crede dropped a C.O.C. foul ball and we lost that first game.

With the current rosters, I like our chances in the playoffs because our starters and BP are stronger, maybe even much stronger than theirs. Boston's offense is better than ours top to bottom, but it's not like we're sending nobodies up to the plate. Our offense isn't too bad, hence we've outscored our opposition 65/98 games this year.

QUOTE(UofIChiSox @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 10:54 PM)
The thing that pisses me off the most is the continued idea that the AL Central is a weak division.  It's easy to see that 32 of our wins are against the Central, but all the teams in the central standings have better or even record than the team in the East with the same spot in the standings.  Chicago has a better record than Boston, Minnesota is better than NY, all the way down to KC being a half game better than TB.  The Central just isn't weak anymore, but the stigma won't die!

They were discussing this article during the radio on 1000 and a caller pointed out that the AL Central has a great record against the east. So if the east is so good and the cental so weak, why is the central beating them. I think everyone except Cleveland and Detroit are above .500 against the east and the indians aand tigers were only a game off.

Baseless article, baseless author

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 12:46 PM)
Really? Well then, explain me the fact that the mediocre Central has a better overall winning percentage than the East. Or how the Central is 13 games over that mighty AL East. Even the goddam Royals are above .500 vs the AL East this year, you f***ing tool.

Oh and what about Freddy Garcia? Yeah thats right, we have plenty more than Buerhle and Garland but you don't care to mention him. I personally guarantee he's 10 times better than any starting pitcher on the Red Sox.

And then he goes on about our dire need of a better closer. Oh god, that just about killed me.

That was the most ignorant piece of garbage I have ever read.

DAMN! Couldn't have said it better myself. Some people are just so f***ing ignorant. I read an article recently(which was posted here), whith some idiot complaining abut how Pods hits no home runs..........

*falls down*

Anyways, LET the Red Sox and the Yanks(who finish around the same as we do every damn year) grab all the glory. LET them ignore the facts which are right in front of their idiotic faces if they want. The more they convince themselves they are better, the harder they will fall in the end. Even then, we will prolly still be laabeled by them as a fluke. Hey, we are talking about the ALMIGHTY Red Sox and Yanks. They will ALWAYS live in denial. At least we get the chance to make them look that much more desperate.

Edited by TheBigHurt

Speaking of Boston writers .. is this guy related to Kotek Boy?

http://redsox.bostonherald.com/redSox/view...articleid=95411

"Red Sox have a better chance of moving the left field wall than the man who drains his bladder inside of it"

BOS is just crazy. The team just won a WS & Manny was a HUGE part of that. Damon was quoted as saying Boston is an 85 win team at best w/out Manny. Yet here's a reporter taking a pot shot at him for having to relieve himself. Would the umpires have suspended the game to wait for Manny to get back from the clubhouse? No. Boston would have had to substitute for him.

So here's Manny risking embarrassment for the sake of his team & this arsehole is taking pot shots at him for it.

Classless. Then they wonder why Manny want's out of Boston.

Edited by JUGGERNAUT