Big Frank

QUOTE(103 mph screwball @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 02:17 PM)
Score update said that Frank is very disapponted in the progress with his ankle and is going to go back and see the doctor who did his surgery.  He will also have more tests.

Aww....f*** me sideways with a football. I hate hearing that.

I hope he gets better.

We will not see Frank again this year... maybe not again in a White Sox uniform, ever.

I'm happy that if it had to happen, it happened before the trade deadline.

my thoughts exactly. i think its very likely that frank is done w/ baseball altogether. he may stick around to try to get 500 hrs, but i sincerely doubt it will be w/ the sox

Edited by Bonkeymutt

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 02:42 PM)
We will not see Frank again this year... maybe not again in a White Sox uniform, ever.

This sucks for Frank and for the Whitesox. Hopefully its not as bad as it seems. He was an intimidator in the lineup and as a PH.

I think we will see him during at least by sept. to see if he maybe help for the stretch run and into the playoffs. His current problem is a matter of decreasing the inflammation and see ing if he can deal with the pain enough to be effective. Whether he will be effective or not is another story.

What a surprise, he is hurt.

That's the story of his career for a while now.

Get over it and keep playing.

He's been a small key (at best) to our success up to this point.

Everett is clearly a better option anyhow.

My opinion is to keep him on the DL until he can prove he is 100% and when he is use him in limited time the rest of the season. We can use him more in the postseason and the after the season if over buyout his contract. We cant put up with this every year. The money can be used elsewhere.

Edited by Ozzie Montana

QUOTE(daa84 @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 06:06 PM)
yep stick a fork in him, maybe this will be an opp for KW to land griffey

a week ago i was against getting griffey, now i'm willing to take that risk.

we need a threat in the middle of the lineup.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 01:42 PM)

yikes...step back from the ledge. That guy can still do more limping than most can with two good wheels. Frank ain't done yet.

I think he will be back by mid-late august. Why not? It's just inflamation. He isn't going in for surgery. Unless something bad happens and the doctor finds a broken bone or something he should be ok. he was never gonna be 100%. This is all precautionary. RELAX! NOTE: I'm not a doctor nor do i pretend to be one however from everything that i have read this inflamation isn't career threatning.