Andy Pettitte

WSFAN35

He's had problems with injuries, but he's been nothing but spectacular this season. Houston seems to be out of the race, and I'm sure they would be willing to trade a 33 year old with significant value. He is a stud in the playoffs, and gives us another left handed starter. He doesn't have the potential for the future like Burnett does, but he's a better option to win right now. Not sure if KW's even looking at him, but he's a someone I'd like to see in a Sox uniform.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 04:01 PM)
I don't think Houston thinks they are out of it.

That's because they're not out of it. They're 3rd in the NL wild card race only 3.5 games out. And are hot as hell right now. They're NOT trading Pettitte.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 04:04 PM)
Houston might be the favorite right now to win the NL wild card.

Agreed. They finally have the dominant Big 3 they have been waiting for. Pettite is healthy and almost back to form and their offense is clicking a little bit. By no means are they a dominant team but they seem to be making up for lost time.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 04:02 PM)
You fail at posting.

LMAO

Thats almost as funny as Mac saying on the show today "The only reason you would leave a baseball game to change clothes is if you shart."

:lolhitting :lolhitting

The Astros are not trading Pettitte or anybody for that matter on their major league roster. They are not sellers. If anything, they will be sellers and they have been one of the hottest teams in baseball last month and they dont need much upgrades. Their hitting is coming alive and their pitching has always been there. They got the best chance to win the NL Wild Card and they will win the wild card.

Edited by Ozzie Montana

QUOTE(Tadahito Iguchi @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 03:24 PM)
I highly doubt the Astros will give him up...........He's just starting to pitch really well, and theyre still in it.........

Plus, he signed with the Astros to be close to home AND he got Clemens to pitch there for TWO YEARS!!! Pettitte isn't going anywhere. In fact, I bet he finishes his career as a 'Stro.