Roenick, Chelios, Amonte...

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 10:21 PM)
How come I can't see the post made by the threadmaker? I have no one on my block list.

As for the topic of the thread... Hey -- while were at it, why don't we go get Eddie Belfour, too? I mean, f*** Ruutu, Bell, and Calder, this isn't their team -- let's reunite all the guys together from the mid-90s, huh?

I mean, come on. Bringing in Chelios, unless it was at league minimum, would block a guy like Duncan Keith or Anton Babchuk or Brent Seabrook from making the team. Amonte is decent, but we need a top line guy, not a middling second liner (possibly third line). He scored what, 20 goals with Philly? What makes you think he'd do better with less? And Roenick -- well, he'd be a decent addition, at the right price, but I think the organization is looking for a guy a little younger. Not talking a rookie, but someone in their late 20s (perhaps).

I'd like to see a list of all the buy-outs before I start looking at who to get, and I think that's Tallon's plan as well.

Edited by CWSGuy406

Jeremy Roenick is still a top 5 center in the entire league, and I'm sorry if I don't think Chelios woul put asses in the seats, dollars in bills pockets, and maybe players on the ice...

we don't have a single veteran presence, and chelios at league minimum would make huge sense.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 11:51 PM)
Let's move forward, not backward.

The Hawks aren't here to assemble a s***ty ass team filled with former players to try to please fans who have only heard of those guys.

I disagree completely. That's exactly what Dollar Bill is planning. He's gonna bring in a bunch of old retread veterans who's best days are long since gone just so he can say he's doing something and pay them a typical lowball Wirtz contract. Its just another snowjob fans. Dont all for it. STAY HOME!!!!!

QUOTE(Sonik22 @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 03:40 PM)
Screw those three lets get paul Kariya.  This guy is awesome and would help us out big time.  We have the most money to spend and we need a dependable goalie.  Last i checked Nikoli Khabibulin is availiable.

I :wub: The Bulin wall

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 12:16 AM)
Jeremy Roenick is still a top 5 center in the entire league

we don't have a single veteran presence, and chelios at league minimum would make huge sense.

:puke JR isn't close to a top 25 center in the league. In comparison to centers, he fails to make the top 30 in scoring, top 30 in FO%, and top 45 in TOI. Although many Hawk fans have man love for him for the great things he did here, he is not a top liner.

And about Paul Kariya, yuck. He is the poster boy for soft hockey players. I expect his play out of a European but not a North American. If you sneeze near him he'll go down.

(don't give me the garbage about in the playoffs after coming back from Stevens' hit, any hockey player would have done the same)

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 12:44 AM)
As for the topic of the thread...  Hey -- while were at it, why don't we go get Eddie Belfour, too?  I mean, f*** Ruutu, Bell, and Calder, this isn't their team -- let's reunite all the guys together from the mid-90s, huh?

because their team was so succesful

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 03:34 PM)
I disagree completely.  That's exactly what Dollar Bill is planning.  He's gonna bring in a bunch of old retread veterans who's best days are long since gone just so he can say he's doing something and pay them a typical lowball Wirtz contract.  Its just another snowjob fans.  Dont all for it.  STAY HOME!!!!!

Highly doubt it.

Highly.

JR a Top-5 Center? Boy, I didn't realize that this was 1994...

Veteran presence? Yeah, maybe we should bring in Igor Korolev and Alexander Karpotsev to bring a good 'veteran presence'. GMAB. Kyle Calder and Mark Bell have been in the league long enough, this is their team -- they play the game the right way. Matt Barnaby is a vet, too. On D, Bryan Berard. We don't need a bunch of 35 year olds who can barely skate taking away time from our rooks...

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 12:19 PM)
Highly doubt it.

Highly.

JR a Top-5 Center?  Boy, I didn't realize that this was 1994...

Veteran presence?  Yeah, maybe we should bring in Igor Korolev and Alexander Karpotsev to bring a good 'veteran presence'.  GMAB.  Kyle Calder and Mark Bell have been in the league long enough, this is their team -- they play the game the right way.  Matt Barnaby is a vet, too.  On D, Bryan Berard.  We don't need a bunch of 35 year olds who can barely skate taking away time from our rooks...

Read my post closer please. Notice I didn't say he was going to bring in those specific players but if he follows his usual MO you can expect just what I said............old retreads who can't cut it anymore but people recognize the name. Knowing Dollar Bill I have no reason to think he's going to change.

QUOTE(Pauly8509CWS @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 11:33 AM)
And about Paul Kariya, yuck.  He is the poster boy for soft hockey players.  I expect his play out of a European but not a North American.  If you sneeze near him he'll go down.

(don't give me the garbage about in the playoffs after coming back from Stevens' hit, any hockey player would have done the same)

yeah, no one wants a legitimate perrenial Art Ross contender... that would suck. Some players are a little soft, but that doesn't mean they can't score.

Wayne Gretzky was f***ing soft, but I'll bet you would have loved to have him in his hayday.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 12:47 PM)
yeah, no one wants a legitimate perrenial Art Ross contender... that would suck.  Some players are a little soft, but that doesn't mean they can't score.

Yeah, so perrenial that he's scored 100 points twice in 10 years. The last time coming last century. A perennial Art Ross contender, like Jagr for instance, should average more than 70 points like Kariya. Jagr averages 93.

Kariya would not be welcomed by me to the Hawks. Gretzky was a better player than Kariya hands down. and Gretzky wasn't as soft as you make him sound considering in 20 years there were only 3 seasons in which he failed to play more than 70 games. Kariya has had 4 seasons like that not counting his rookie year.