Padres - Orioles trade nixed

Kalapse

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 07:59 PM)
They probably did, but the b**** don't want to leave. They should stash steroids in his gymbag to get him off the team. This means Baltimore is back in it for Burnett.

They don't wanna go after Burnett until they find someone to take on Ponson's contract.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 08:27 PM)
Flat out the Padres fans are very very upset with Nevin.  This is the 2nd time Nevin has nixed a deal as he was dealt for Griffey two offseasons ago.

they should be mad at padres brass who gave him that right... :huh

Edited by Goldmember

QUOTE(Goldmember @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 05:30 PM)
they should be mad at padres brass who gave him that right... :huh

Yep. I can't blame him. Personally I'd probably accept the deal regardless of how much I like it. I'm not the type of person that would want to stick around a place where your not wanted.

Still, If he accepts the trade than he moves to Bmore and than becomes a FA and than has to move again.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 08:27 PM)
Flat out the Padres fans are very very upset with Nevin.  This is the 2nd time Nevin has nixed a deal as he was dealt for Griffey two offseasons ago.

I will say a SD player will NEVER again get a no trade clause again....Nevin only cares about himself.

QUOTE(Soxfest @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 09:44 PM)
I will say a SD player will NEVER again get a no trade clause again....Nevin only cares about himself.

and his family. My god this isn't just about himself. This is a decision that will affect his family. San Diego is a great city and he might've wanted to have his family be with him in San Diego.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 10:26 PM)
and his family.  My god this isn't just about himself.  This is a decision that will affect his family.  San Diego is a great city and he might've wanted to have his family be with him in San Diego.

Poor Nevin plz multi -millionaire cry for someone else

QUOTE(Soxfest @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 01:30 PM)
Poor Nevin plz multi -millionaire cry for someone else

Yea poor him.. :rolly

FWIU both of his inlaws are deathly ill and his wife does not want to move, and he doesn't want to be without his wife and kids. A big reason he wanted the NT clause, which the Pads gave him.

Sorry.. but I don't see the point in s***ting on a guy because of circumstances like that.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 02:00 PM)
Yea poor him..  :rolly

FWIU both of his inlaws are deathly ill and his wife does not want to move, and he doesn't want to be without his wife and kids. A big reason he wanted the NT clause, which the Pads gave him.

Sorry.. but I don't see the point in s***ting on a guy because of circumstances like that.

But he has millions and millions of dollars. He could buy another wife and a couple more kids.

Just because the guy makes good money doesn't mean he's not human. They gave him the no trade clause, if he wants to use it it's is right to use it.