michael young

marsh

I caught a few minutes of the texas game on espn and I thought I heard the announcers mention that he was available. Supposedly Texas feels that with the Kenny Rogers suspension looming they are packing it in. The announcers also said the rangers have some stud ss minor leaguer also.

I was surpised to hear he was available if indeed it is correct. I would imagine the price would be steep for him. They need pitching for sure. He would obviously be a huge offensive upgrade and I believe he is good defensively.

My guess would be they would want B-Mac and maybe another top minor league pitching prospect to start with.

Edited by marsh

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 08:25 PM)
that would be awesome but i very much doubt he is available... he was a 2B b4 soriano came anyways.

He's played ss last year and all this year. I think he's proven he can play ss.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 08:37 PM)
No way Texas moves him.  They lose Soriano at the end of the year and will either slide Young over to 2nd or Kinsler (SS prospect) that way. 

They'd be freaking morons if they dealt Young.  However, I'd gladly give up an assload for him.

I thought the same when I heard it but they do need pitching badly.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 08:53 PM)
BMAC for Young would work for sure.  He fits our mold exactly

It would take more than that, a lot more. Young is a stud and he would be an awesome asset to this team. If we could get him, I would be estatic. I doubt he will be traded though, too young and talented.