The Key to Complaining

Texsox

I figured out the key to complaining around here is finding guys who are having break out years and comparing their contracts to guys who have done it for years before signing a contract.

Example: I can't believe we are paying Buerhle $6 million. I'd rather have a couple guys like Garland at $3.4 and use the rest of the money to fill holes. Buerhle just isn't worth $6 million when you can have a guy like Garland, with more wins, for $3.4 million.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 07:48 AM)
I figured out the key to complaining around here is finding guys who are having break out years and comparing their contracts to guys who have done it for years before signing a contract.

Example: I can't believe we are paying Buerhle $6 million. I'd rather have a couple guys like Garland at $3.4 and use the rest of the money to fill holes. Buerhle just isn't worth $6 million when you can have a guy like Garland, with more wins, for $3.4 million.

:whichway

what are you talking about. MB is in his 6th year has a career record of 80-48, his era this year is 2.66 his career era is around 3.60 and his streak of like 6+ innings come on we are getting him cheap.

And Garland he is in an arbitration year so how much you think this kid is gonna make next year my guess is gonna be more than MB probably like 7 or 8 million

and think this is the first year Garland has done anything like this, sure he'll win 20 games maybe even win the CY young, but look at Zito did the same thing and how much does he make a year, 5.6 and how bout Hallady making 10.5 mill for having a career mark of 79-43 with an era of 3.70 im thinking

Burhle is a steal for what we pay him son sorry but it's alot easier to bash someone who you think sux when you don't know the stats or situation.

QUOTE(SKyhigh wit aROW @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 05:18 PM)
what are you talking about. MB is in his 6th year has a career record of 80-48, his era this year is 2.66 his career era is around 3.60 and his streak of like 6+ innings come on we are getting him cheap.

And Garland he is in an arbitration year so how much you think this kid is gonna make next year my guess is gonna be more than MB probably like 7 or 8 million

and think this is the first year Garland has done anything like this, sure he'll win 20 games maybe even win the CY young, but look at Zito did the same thing and how much does he make a year, 5.6 and how bout Hallady making 10.5 mill for having a career mark of 79-43 with an era of 3.70 im thinking

Burhle is a steal for what we pay him son sorry but it's alot easier to bash someone who you think sux when you don't know the stats or situation.

Dude, get a clue before you start posting. Read a little bit, mmmmmkay? Oh, by the way, GREEN is sarcasm. Enjoy your stay... :lol:

Edited by kapkomet

QUOTE(SKyhigh wit aROW @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 11:18 AM)

Um, I think it was a joke :huh:

Glad to see some posters can read and understand. Historical perspective here.

Poster thinks Konerko sucks and points to a player with better stats making less.

Poster thinks Maggs sucks and points to a player with better stats making less.

And it's always get rid of this guy and fill holes.

KW's job is to figure out who to be the high bidder for. Too many keyboard GMs just look at current contracts and can put together the "All-Underpaid" Club. Go spend $80,000,000 on players for 2008 and tell be who you would take, and who would take your offer.