Paul Ladewski Column

DBAHO

I for one would be all about trading for Griffey, but not for ARow......after Frank's latest set back.....i think we could slide griffey into the DH role....i know Crazy Carl has done a solid job this season, but when he has been much better batting right handed then he has left handed.....i could see griffey DH'ing vs righties.....vs lefties give carl the nod....when u figure most teams only have 1-2 lefties in their rotation, seems like a good move to me.....everett could also spell the of's spot as he has been doing and griffeys bat has been hot all year....i think we do this deal but for some prospects not ARow

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(dmbjeff @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 10:12 AM)
I for one would be all about trading for Griffey, but not for ARow......after Frank's latest set back.....i think we could slide griffey into the DH role....i know Crazy Carl has done a solid job this season, but when he has been much better batting right handed then he has left handed.....i could see griffey DH'ing vs righties.....vs lefties give carl the nod....when u figure most teams only have 1-2 lefties in their rotation, seems like a good move to me.....everett could also spell the of's spot as he has been doing and griffeys bat has been hot all year....i think we do this deal but for some prospects not ARow

for the record can we please stop calling rowand ARow. those are the worst nicknames, the ones with the first letter of first name first three of last, and its not like anyone actually uses it outside message boards.

the only time it shoudl be used is in the case of arod, cuz he was the first to use it. i mean why dont we call AJ apie

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 10:15 AM)
Following BMac/Marte for Burnett and Lowell, KW pulls of a Contra/Anderson for Griffey.......?

Yes or No

easily yes, but i changed your question, im not tradin bmac/marte for lowell alone

QUOTE(daa84 @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 12:16 PM)
for the record can we please stop calling rowand ARow. those are the worst nicknames, the ones with the first letter of first name first three of last, and its not like anyone actually uses it outside message boards.

the only time it shoudl be used is in the case of arod, cuz he was the first to use it. i mean why dont we call AJ apie

Dude, calm down. I could give a s*** less if we called him "Ass Licker" as long as he produces....

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 10:17 AM)
Dude, calm down. I could give a s*** less if we called him "Ass Licker" as long as he produces....

haha im calm, im not like upset about it, i just think its a weak nickname. btw ass licker would be fine too

QUOTE(daa84 @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 10:16 AM)

For the record, thanks for your post, but I'm gonna use whatever nickname I darn well please....

TIA :stick

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 03:15 PM)
I'd deal them both, cause quite frankly, Griffey may be the only draw, but he still costs them more than he brings in, imo. 

They need to get from out of his contract.  If I were to deal Dunn, I'd hurt his trade value a bit, but I'd try and tie Eric Milton to him.

There's no way in hell that Cincy gets full value for Dunn. They've basically made him the scapegoat of the team, and any move to trade him will come off (in my mind) as Cincy trying to move a "clubhouse cancer".

Which, is pretty stupid. They've alienated Dunn there, same with Kearns. Kearns has the chance to be a really good ballplayer -- if we weren't stacked at OF, I bet that Kenny would be doing his best to bring him over here.

No way I deal Rowand for him. He's hitting well now, but he's long overdue for a hamstring pull or something. The guy's been a walking DL trip since his last year or two in Seattle. He's still got some talent, but he's nowhere near the player he once was. If we could get him without giving up a ton of talent I guess it works, but not for anything major. Also, I'm not sure he "puts us over the top" as the article says since his numbers are a little weaker than Carlos Lee's last year. I suppose you could argue we'd be in great shape with Lee, but that's another story.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 04:52 PM)
No way I deal Rowand for him. He's hitting well now, but he's long overdue for a hamstring pull or something. The guy's been a walking DL trip since his last year or two in Seattle. He's still got some talent, but he's nowhere near the player he once was. If we could get him without giving up a ton of talent I guess it works, but not for anything major. Also, I'm not sure he "puts us over the top" as the article says since his numbers are a little weaker than Carlos Lee's last year. I suppose you could argue we'd be in great shape with Lee, but that's another story.

Still got some talent? Maybe you should check his numbers and compare them to some of the other CF's around the league.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 11:18 AM)
haha im calm,  im not like upset about it, i just think its a weak nickname. btw ass licker would be fine too

Its used in the ball park, everytime he is at bat. Why do you think they keep playing that stupid jamaican thing, so you can say A-ROW!!!!

A-row will not be traded as he is one of the top defensive CF'ers in the game, and one of the major reasons why we are where we are this year as compared to last is our defense in the OF. Everyone has short memories and dont seem to recall when Carla was roaming CF will Lee in LF and maggs in right. Even Timo played CF. We are NOT going to sacrafice defense for a bat, especially in the most important OF position. Ozzie would not let this happen.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 01:24 PM)
Right under the Headline:  Griffey to DL

:lolhitting Hopefully not. But I did notice, a lot of the layers we photoshop into Sox uni's look VERY natural in Sox unis. Just look at the Burnett and Lowell thread in HDTW....

I don't think we would be trading Rowand. I would suspect it being a package of minor leaguers. Mid level at that too. Borchard, maybe an Anderson Felix Diaz and all. It could take as much as one player depending on how much the White Sox would be willing to take salary wise. I'd say if the Reds pay his deferred salary of at least half of it(2 million a year) then it would be a great move for us.

Kenny, Git R Dunn(though I don't see this happening, I could dream right?)

I'm sorry but some of you need to look at your calendars....

This isn't 1995... it's not 1998....

This is 2005...

AROW is the superior player when it comes to speed, defense, contact, and just about any other thing that ozzie ball is all about... Not only is he superior but it's not even close... Add to that the fact that Griffey's contract will be like an anchor on the payroll that will bring this team down for the next 20 years and this becomes a deal that KW would have to be stoned out of his mind if even do...

Griffey hitting a few extra HR's doesn't guaruntee us a world series.. sorry to break it to you guys but it's true...

If you think that an ego like Griffey replacing the hardest working gridner on the team isn't going to negatively affect chemistry on a team that is nothing without chemistry your nuts....