GAME THREAD 7-26-2005 SOX vs ROYALS

Anyone else think Ozzie will thorow out another BS lineup tomorrow?

1.) Rubber game of the series.

2.) Gives some back to back days off.

3.) Gived Gooch 3 games off since the off-day on Thursday.

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 11:59 PM)
Chuck LaMaar is their GM.  He's asking for a lot for Huff.  I never said he wasn't.  However, I don't want to know how much the Brewers would be asking for a young, very good lefty 1b in Overbay.

I honestly don't think it will be too expensive. Look at what we thought Randa would cost. And also consider how expandable Prince Fielder makes Overbay...

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 04:00 AM)
Your act gets old, and lots of members on this site are getting sick of it.

Well, I haven't been told by anyone to clean up my act. I give credit where credit is due for Sox players all the time. I'm not the cheerleading type where I'll start a fan club if someone gets a single, etc.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 12:02 AM)
This is where Rowand comment about you comes in. If you think Overbay won't cost alot, you very, very mistaken.

I use the word "too" as a precursor to being expensive, yet, not as much as what we all consider. Why are you so "attackative"? :huh :crying

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 04:00 AM)
If by personal you mean when I get off the site I don't think about it, then no, I doubt anyone thinks of you when they sign of Soxtalk. However, you rarely if ever have good things to say about the Sox, which people get frustrated with over time. And if you use the  "I give credit where credit is due" line, a 65-34 record deserves some credit. Your act gets old, and lots of members on this site are getting sick of it.

Find me examples of things that I say which aren't true, or aren't completely ridiculous? Unlike others on this site, if I write a post that's negative, I try to back it up with either statistical information or an explanation of why I feel that way.

Also, if I am so "glass half empty", then why was I the one over the weekend who stated how we should stop b****ing about the Red Sox debacle that night, and just be grateful for the situation we were currently in?

I just think it's funny you jumped all over me cause I said we had some close games against KC this year, which they could have easily won. How about the game where Marte tagged out the guy at home in the bottom of the 9th to keep the game going? How about the game we score 2 in the bottom of the 8th to win 2-1, with both runs coming on bases loaded walks? How about the game where Everett had a 2 run double off the fence in the bottom of the 8th off of Sisco to lead the Sox to come from behind win? How about the game where Ozuna had a fluke double down the line in the 8th, and Sox won by 1 in a comeback victory?

Edited by fathom

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 10:00 PM)
Is this the hardest loss of the season?

jk

Definitely the funniest. Harris is exposed as the busher he is and not even MB can get 5 or 6 outs an inning 2 or 3 innings in a row. Ozuna making bad decisions and, with Uribe, throwing balls away leading to error-assisted inside the park grand slams.

:lol:

I just hope Ozzie has learned a lesson here tonight after 4 months.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 11:00 PM)
If by personal you mean when I get off the site I don't think about it, then no, I doubt anyone thinks of you when they sign of Soxtalk. However, you rarely if ever have good things to say about the Sox, which people get frustrated with over time. And if you use the  "I give credit where credit is due" line, a 65-34 record deserves some credit. Your act gets old, and lots of members on this site are getting sick of it.

70 posts in tonight's game thread by the wonderful fathom and 8 last night. It's like that all year, but yeah, we don't know his schedule.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 04:20 AM)
70 posts in tonight's game thread by the wonderful fathom and 8 last night.  It's like that all year, but yeah, we don't know his schedule.

Holy s***! Last night, I got home at 9:40. Check last night's gamethread, and see what time I started posting. Tonight, I got home at 7:10 pm. I didn't know I had to check-in with people here. I'm not trying to be an ass, I'm telling the honest truth here. You could ask Rowand44....I even told him I wouldn't be around on Sunday cause of work, and that my schedule is all messed up right now. I'll warn you now....I won't be around tomorrow's gamethread. Enjoy.

QUOTE(CubKilla @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 10:13 PM)
Definitely the funniest. Harris is exposed as the busher he is and not even MB can get 5 or 6 outs an inning 2 or 3 innings in a row. Ozuna making bad decisions and, with Uribe, throwing balls away leading to error-assisted inside the park grand slams.

:lol:

I just hope Ozzie has learned a lesson here tonight after 4 months.

I really feel bad for MB. Ozzie has all but destroyed any hope he had for winning the Cy Young by putting these nitwits in the lineup and having them boot the ball around the infield all night during his starts. I can't think of a more hard luck pitcher in baseball right now.

How exactly are all of the 7 runs earned? Stairs would have been out at first had Uribe not gunned it past A.J. I know that is nitpicky and it doesn't matter in the long run, but that seems like a mistake to me.