For those who complain about media perception

UofIChiSox

Josh (Erbil, Iraq): I'm guessing this year's White Sox will fizzle out in the playoffs like the stellar 110+ win Mariners of a few years back. What's your take?

Rob Neyer: That was my take two months ago, even two weeks ago. But now I'm not so sure. As the White Sox continue to roll merrily along *and* nobody else in the league looks great, I'm coming around to the notion that maybe the White Sox really will be the best team in the league, come October.

He's coming around, everyone else will follow as long as we keep it up.

woo-hoo rob neyer likes us we must be for real. world series here we come.

edit: i'm too retarded to figure out how to use green text. stupid intranet.

Edited by thedoctor

QUOTE(UofIChiSox @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 06:33 PM)
I had to put it up, too many threads about national media disrespecting us, and not enough about them respecting us.

nah. i wasn't addressing your thread. no worries.

The reality of all of it is....No one knows whats going to happen....all the so call "experts" are just predicting or as the title says saying thier perception of what they think is going to happen. They are called experts because they watch sports for a living, and not just one city...yes some reporters are biased towards the team they are a fan of. Or a station is more biased to a fanbase, because thats where the money is. I don't see where people get upset when we don't get coverage (covering a fanbase where the money is, is more important then the best 2 teams in baseball (Sox + Cards)), or some guy rips us apart....its thier opinion....The rest of this season is determined by one thing....The Chicago White Sox....anything "experts" or "soxtalk" says makes no difference whatsoever on what will be the reality of this season. This is America, we have been blessed with free speech we can say whatever the hell we want. If some people don't want to give credit where credit is due so be it. Writting nasty emails isn't going to do anymore then make these guys rip on us (the fans) and the organization even more. The only thing that can make these guys eat thier words are the Chicago White Sox. So suck it up, strap it down, and hold tight while we ride this roller coaster to the end of the season. (Whenever it will be)

Most of the sports media doesn't respect us in the morning or any other time for that matter. In the end what happens on the field is the only thing that matters. I'm not being original here, SS2K5 and others have said much the same thing. Ignore them and enjoy the ride. The White Sox could string together several WS championships and they still won't be "trendy" in the twisted world of sports journalism. So what? What time is the game tonite? Go Sox!

QUOTE(Yossarian @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 07:10 PM)
Most of the sports media doesn't respect us in the morning or any other time for that matter. In the end what happens on the field is the only thing that matters. I'm not being original here, SS2K5 and others have said much the same thing. Ignore them and enjoy the ride. The White Sox could string together several WS championships and they still won't be "trendy" in the twisted world of sports journalism. So what? What time is the game tonite? Go Sox!

i disagree somewhat. i think once you win a series you are naturally higher in peoples' perception, and the media in many respects reflects what the people think.

a few years ago the angels were just another team, but since winning the series i do think they are viewed differently by fans and treated differently by the media.

QUOTE(SHAFTR @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 12:14 PM)
Lets not forget, Neyer did pick us to win the Central before the season started.

I had a question for Neyer that didn't get printed, and I'm going to keep asking it until it does:

Rob, before the season started you picked the White Sox, then after the Sox came out with a torrid May, you turned against them and started saying they weren't that good. I think almost any one else in sports would be bragging that they picked the Sox during the spring. What did you see during that hot start that made you change your mind about the team?