Yanks and Bo-Sox kinda quiet?

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 03:43 PM)
I know the Bo-Sox were kind of in the Burnett derby, but besides that, haven't they been kinda quiet just before the deadline?

Anyone even heard any rumors about what the Yanks might pick up?

Strange.

With the Yanks they don't have much to trade and with the young players they do have it seems for once they're reluctant to trade them, so it's going to be hard for the yanks to make a big splash. As far as the bosox I think Theo's a bit confused right now, it seems like he's got his sights on Burnett when they need bullpen help terribly.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 02:43 PM)
I know the Bo-Sox were kind of in the Burnett derby, but besides that, haven't they been kinda quiet just before the deadline?

Anyone even heard any rumors about what the Yanks might pick up?

Strange.

The Red Sox will find more bullpen help before the deadline. Be assured of that. They've been rumored talking to minnesota about a swap of JC Romero for Millar/Mueller, they already swapped Jay Payton, etc.

The Yankees would have to trade Wang or Cano to get someone, and they're not going to do that. I think this may be the year the Yankees stand pat.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 06:26 PM)
The Red Sox will find more bullpen help before the deadline.  Be assured of that.  They've been rumored talking to minnesota about a swap of JC Romero for Millar/Mueller, they already swapped Jay Payton, etc.

The Yankees would have to trade Wang or Cano to get someone, and they're not going to do that.  I think this may be the year the Yankees stand pat.

Plus Wang is on the DL for a while, I think. George Steinbrenner has a broken Wang.