this is beyond fukin rediculous

baggio202

Look the Sox have been treading water since July of 2000. They were 55-30 at their high water mark then went .500 the rest of the year if you include the playoffs. 83-79 in 01 and 81-81 last year IIRC. We are 15-15 at this point. The promise of 00 is fading fading. I agree with those who say that if we tank this year we are looking at a long dark tunnel. This season is important darnit!! (it's Sunday :headbang ) For those who call for patience I say we have had an infinite amount of patience. For those who say it is early I say it is agonizingly late. 44 years and counting on one clock, and 86 years and counting on another. For those who want to slam me I'm as passionate a Sox fan as anybody. The team, the city, the history, the whole ball of wax. I'm just tired, weary and after all this waiting and patience and rooting it's about time to do it!!!!  :headbang

Two points. One, REAL sox fans SHOUlD be pissed and passionate. If you are not I question your commitment. Two, The Angels did start something like 9-16 last year, so the its early theories are correct. I just think the sox are an average team and 15-15 is not surprising.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of years ago, when Oakland got off to one of their slow starts and Art Howe was about to be fired, the A's made several moves at one time and sent 3 or 4 players to AAA to wake them and the team up. I don't recall who all of them were, but one of them was former Sox farmhand Frank Menechino. If I recall they also traded Jeremy Giambi right at the same time.

Apparently shaking up the team that way worked for them. Could it work here? Send a few guys down, if only temporary, to make things uncomfortable (in a different way than they already are) in the clubhouse? Trade a guy that is not performing, whether he is liked or not?

May seem extreme, but is it more extreme than firing the manager for the team's lack of production?

A couple of years ago, when Oakland got off to one of their slow starts and Art Howe was about to be fired, the A's made several moves at one time and sent 3 or 4 players to AAA to wake them and the team up.  I don't recall who all of them were, but one of them was former Sox farmhand Frank Menechino.  If I recall they also traded Jeremy Giambi right at the same time. 

Apparently shaking up the team that way worked for them.  Could it work here?  Send a few guys down, if only temporary, to make things uncomfortable (in a different way than they already are) in the clubhouse?  Trade a guy that is not performing, whether he is liked or not?

May seem extreme, but is it more extreme than firing the manager for the team's lack of production?

That would be called leadership. The sox management are a bunch of pussies. No way theyd do something like that. Theyd rather play it "safe".

A couple of years ago, when Oakland got off to one of their slow starts and Art Howe was about to be fired, the A's made several moves at one time and sent 3 or 4 players to AAA to wake them and the team up.  I don't recall who all of them were, but one of them was former Sox farmhand Frank Menechino.  If I recall they also traded Jeremy Giambi right at the same time. 

Apparently shaking up the team that way worked for them.  Could it work here?  Send a few guys down, if only temporary, to make things uncomfortable (in a different way than they already are) in the clubhouse?  Trade a guy that is not performing, whether he is liked or not?

That would be called leadership. The sox management are a bunch of pussies. No way theyd do something like that. Theyd rather play it "safe".

Pardon me for thinking outside the box. LOL

Something has to happen one way or another .

Pardon me for thinking outside the box. LOL

LOL! Hey if i were running the show, heads would roll. Too bad i am not, i could use the salary increase!!! :headbang :headbang

Our team is talented. They just don't give a s*** it seems. That is a notion that seems to flow through the organization. I am wondering more and more if they will do anything or just let this team sit around the .500 mark and let one of the other teams take the division and leave us in the dust. I am getting really tired of this "it is early" "we just need warm weather" bull s***. Every other team is scoring runs. Especially teams that were struggling seem to get it together against us. It is getting old fast and the season is just over a month in.