the overbay deal should be in the works

cragi

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 05:15 PM)
This bring up the question though, who would you rather have, Aubrey Huff, or Overbay?

It's a wash in my mind. Huff is more expensive $ wise and prospect wise than Overbay but is a better all around player with more power. Huff can play OF as well as 1B/DH (I do not count him as a thirdbaseman).

I'd say I'd rather have Huff but it's too close to call really.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 05:15 PM)
This bring up the question though, who would you rather have, Aubrey Huff, or Overbay?

Overbay is a good glove at first and he is a good doubles hitter and a better home run hitter at Comiscular. He only makes 500K.

Huff is pretty good D at first and OF but not third.

Edited by Ozzie Montana

I like Overbay a lot. But I would choose Huff for a few reasons.

1. He strikes out less. I know this isnt a huge deal to some people, but it pisses me off when there is no contact.

2. More pop-I think we need a left handed bat that can drive it out into left field once in awhile.

3.More experience. They are the same age, but Huff has more big league experience and is showing in his slight increase in walks and decrease in GIDP

There are several others as well, I like his GB to FB ration, and I like his doubles count, even though Overbay's is nice as well.

All in all, either one is a great replacement for KOng.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 05:23 PM)
I like Overbay a lot. But I would choose Huff for a few reasons.

1. He strikes out less.  I know this isnt a huge deal to some people, but it pisses me off when there is no contact.

2. More pop-I think we need a left handed bat that can drive it out into left field once in awhile.

3.More experience.  They are the same age, but Huff has more big league experience and is showing in his slight increase in walks and decrease in GIDP

There are several others as well, I like his GB to FB ration, and I like his doubles count, even though Overbay's is nice as well. 

All in all, either one is a great replacement for KOng.

If there's one arguement you can't make for Huff over Overbay it's doubles poduction. Overbay is a way better doubles poducer than Huff.

'04 2B Huff:27

'04 2B Overbay: 53

'05 2B Huff: 16

'05 2B Overbay: 21

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 06:28 PM)
If there's one arguement you can't make for Huff over Overbay it's doubles poduction. Overbay is a way better doubles poducer than Huff.

Overbay is the doubles God! And everbody knows, the Sox are dead last i doubles and triples! :rolly

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 05:28 PM)

did you see what I wrote after it