7-27-05 Game thread Sox @ KC

No, "we" guys were never screaming for Gload...unlike a lot of these guys, I'm not a huge fan of Gload, never have been...he's a career minor league player for a reason.  So :P to you.

Yeah but you were b****ing at the manager for playing the reserves, and it's crazy to think the reserves shouldn't start once a week.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FWIW, on Politte, my uncle was his coach when he was in high school in St. Louis. We were discussing him a couple weeks back and he said the key to his success this year has been the way the Sox used him (i.e. not overworking him). he was referring more to the fact that Cliff had had a history of injuries because of overwork rather than just simple ineffectiveness. Still, he has been thrust into more of a role with Hermy's situation lately so I wonder if that could have anything to do with it.

Yea well didn't he just play the reserves YESTERDAY?!

That would be more than once a week. :P

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 02:46 PM)
Yeah but you were b****ing at the manager for playing the reserves, and it's crazy to think the reserves shouldn't start once a week.

QUOTE(Y2HH @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 03:45 PM)
Wow, you have to be the most boring fan I've ever heard from. :P

I'm passionate about this team, and when they play bad, I call it like I see it...and for the past two days, they have played BAD.  Period.

And that is whether you like it or not.  :P

There's a fine line between venting and filling the board with negativity...

Consider it my venting about the large amounts of negativity.

QUOTE(rudylaw @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 03:46 PM)
Again I am at work.  There is no one here to b**** and moan to.  I needed to get it out and that is why I am a member of SOXTALK.  It is a great place to discuse, vent, and give opinions and comments.

Can't we just hug and make up!

I said I apologize. :huh

QUOTE(SoxPhan7 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 03:46 PM)
whats wrong with ISU?

just playing, i dont hate them... ive just been feeling the NIU pride getting ready for the football season to start up.

we are so going to destroy Michigan!

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 01:48 PM)
We gotta go 1-2-3 here, if Sweeney gets up.....well I'm just gonna say it, if he's up this game's over.

Unless the bases are loaded when Sweeney comes up. YOU DON'T PITCH TO HIM!

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 08:48 PM)
just playing, i dont hate them... ive just been feeling the NIU pride getting ready for the football season to start up.

Didnt NIU almost lose to southern last year?

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 02:48 PM)

Wolverines: 70

Huskies: 0

Yea well didn't he just play the reserves YESTERDAY?!

That would be more than once a week. :P

Well I tell you what, you go down there and make the lineup, I am quite confident the White Sox would be a lot worse off if you were in charge, how's that?

Politte is not a reserve and his bad pitch gave the HR to Sweeney, who by the way is a great hitter and deserves credit.