7-27-05 Game thread Sox @ KC

QUOTE(rudylaw @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 03:28 PM)
Poor poor Jon.  He only had 86 pitches and could have gone 1 more inning.  Now he gets nothing because Ozzie is a turd and took him out.

That s*** ain't worth a damn after the fact. Call it before s*** hits the fan, or don't call it at all.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is where I think that AJ is a better game-caller. I think he is much better at out-thinking hitters in crunch time.

Sorry that had nothing to do with it. Total missed location by Politte. He did not get it enough inside and he left it up and hittable.

And now a wild pitch. They are giving this game away big time.

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 03:27 PM)
Mike Sweeney is an awesome guy!  I met him in spring training last year...seriously don't hate him for long...I always liked him as a player.  This series is so pitiful.  I just sit here and think what the real KC Royals team would look like if they spent the cheese on players...? :gosox3:

dye, beltran, and damon would all make things happen. they havent really produced many pitchers... paul byrd comes to mind.

Wow...what happend to the pitching and defense as of late?

This team sucks right now.

Thank god we aren't going into the playoffs RIGHT now. They need to step back and settle down. Wow...this is just bad baseball.

OH, AND OZZIE...STOP PLAYING THE FING "B" TEAM FOR f***ING CHRIS SAKE!#@$

QUOTE(AWhiteSoxinNJ @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 03:28 PM)
Make fun all you want, i'm sure he would have at a hit or two as well, and we would be winning because that grounder would of been caught.

did you see the game yesterday and konerko's attempts at trying to field a groundball. Gload is a very good fielder.

Seriously, why do the sox keep pitching to sweeney.

1 man on, two men on, tying run, winning run, I don't care. PLUNK him.

He is the only proven ML threat in that whole lineup. If Berroa or Stairs beat you, so be it. Please never let him beat us again. I'm so sick of his ass hitting like .800 vs. the Sox in the past several years.

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 03:31 PM)
Seriously, why do the sox keep pitching to sweeney.

1 man on, two men on, tying run, winning run, I don't care. PLUNK him.

He is the only proven ML threat in that whole lineup. If Berroa or Stairs beat you, so be it. Please never let him beat us again. I'm so sick of his ass hitting like .800 vs. the Sox in the past several years.

he kills the twins too

QUOTE(rudylaw @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 03:28 PM)
Poor poor Jon.  He only had 86 pitches and could have gone 1 more inning.  Now he gets nothing because Ozzie is a turd and took him out.

I don't mind Ozzie taking Garland out there. All year long I thought he's been overworking the starters, or at least pulling them too late. If our top set up guys can't hold a 3-run lead against the Royals, then we probably don't deserve the win.

QUOTE(brijames @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 04:29 PM)
And you all where b****ing forever to have Gload called up.

You hate Paulie and you hate Crede but look what happens when they arent in there.

I'm not a fan of Gload...I'm all for PK and resiging him because he is our best option at 1B.

Gload has done nothing in his career and everyone on this board hypes him up to be an all-star. If he's that great, trade him, but he's not that good at all, career minor leaguer IMO.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 03:29 PM)
That s*** ain't worth a damn after the fact.  Call it before s*** hits the fan, or don't call it at all.

um, i think a lot of people though jon was doing just fine and could have stayed in. myself being one of them. just bc it wasnt typed for the masses to see doesnt mean thats not what was though.

OH, AND OZZIE...STOP PLAYING THE FING "B" TEAM FOR f***ING CHRIS SAKE!#@$

You guys b**** and blame it on the manager every time this team screws up, that is totally ridiculous.

You guys were also screaming for Gload, he is normally sure handed but he totally screwed that play up and opened the door to a huge inning.

QUOTE(SpringfieldFan @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 02:28 PM)
You know, I really think Oakland looks better when they are wearing the jerseys with green on them that say "Athletics".  What's with the blue? :angry:

:lolhitting

Seriously. Garland not winning #16 today after the way he pitched today makes me sick. These are the Royals.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 03:32 PM)
um, i think a lot of people though jon was doing just fine and could have stayed in.  myself being one of them.  just bc it wasnt typed for the masses to see doesnt mean thats not what was though.

If that's what you think ... say so while the reliver is warming up. After that fact ain't worth a s***.