7-27-05 Game thread Sox @ KC

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 01:31 PM)
Seriously, why do the sox keep pitching to sweeney.

1 man on, two men on, tying run, winning run, I don't care. PLUNK him.

He is the only proven ML threat in that whole lineup. If Berroa or Stairs beat you, so be it. Please never let him beat us again. I'm so sick of his ass hitting like .800 vs. the Sox in the past several years.

Precisely! Just like Bernie Williams used to kill us. Tejada used to kill us.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 03:29 PM)
We're going into the playsoffs flat because of a weak July effort vs. the Royals?

No, its just the recent rash of errors (7) in the past week. Not just this series. I'm not predicting doom and gloom but I wish the defense would get their collective head screwed back on straight. I guess we've gotten spoiled by fantastic play thus far.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 03:32 PM)
um, i think a lot of people though jon was doing just fine and could have stayed in.  myself being one of them.  just bc it wasnt typed for the masses to see doesnt mean thats not what was though.

Politte was pitching.

I don't fault Ozzie AT ALL.

QUOTE(AWhiteSoxinNJ @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 03:32 PM)
I'm not a fan of Gload...I'm all for PK and resiging him because he is our best option at 1B.

Gload has done nothing in his career and everyone on this board hypes him up to be an all-star.  If he's that great, trade him, but he's not that good at all, career minor leaguer IMO.

resigning paul konerko would be the stupidest f***ing thing this team could ever do.

Is something wrong with Politte? Overworked? He's been bad his last 5 appearances, according to the stats.

If we don't win this game, we're 12-11 in the last 23 games. We can go .500 and still win 95 games, but I sure as hell don't wanna go into the playoffs on that kind of note. We need something to shake these guys up. They're too complacent now.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 03:34 PM)
If that's what you think ... say so while the reliver is warming up.  After that fact ain't worth a s***.

believe it or not, every thought that enters my melon does not get tranfered to this message board. many things do, but not all of them.