7-27-05 Game thread Sox @ KC

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 04:05 PM)
It was a legitimate question, so you don't have to be a smartass about it.  In his last 6 appearances, his ERA is near 6.

I see a reason to worry, but I think this is just a rough stretch that old Cliffy was more than due for... he'll be back to tip-top before you know it.

hopefully not with the marlins.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that was far too easy of an inning, seeing as we had the top of the order up.

Now you've got Hermanson for one inning. Jenks and Vizcaino are left.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 04:08 PM)
Well that was far too easy of an inning, seeing as we had the top of the order up.

Now you've got Hermanson for one inning.  Jenks and Vizcaino are left.

I think Hermy might have to work 2 more, depending on how he gets through the 10th. He only threw 1 pitch to Sweeny.

Does anyone think Ozzie is getting a little to cocky.  He went to his pen early with the off day to get them work as well as getting playing time for those that should not even have uniforms, well one Harris actually.

I don't know. Bringing in Cotts in the 8th inning to get a lefthanded hitter out, that's pretty normal.

Bringing in Politte to face Sweeney, that's pretty normal.

Marte for what, 1 2/3 innings? Normal.

Hermanson to try and get Sweeney? Seems normal to me.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 04:10 PM)
Exept McCarthy's velocity barely touches 91. McDougal reaches back and hits 97 consistently.

91 is nothing to sneeze at. if you could throw 91, you'd be getting paid money to play baseball somewhere. And for weighing 97 lbs, its pretty good.

Oh yeah, the announcers are definitely being critical here. DJ says Ozzie needs to pull them together and get them focused.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 04:11 PM)
Yankees just claimed Nomo off waivers.  :lol:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

HA

the yankees are funny... they will take anything at this point.

first leiter, now nomo.

Edited by Steve9347