7-27-05 Game thread Sox @ KC

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 12:59 PM)
Just checking in while I have a second (f***ing phones) - is the home plate ump as bad as Carl seemed to think?

No, they were strikes. Good pitches down and away, but in the zone.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 12:59 PM)
I'm not watching the game.  Just going by what the yahoo game page said.  Did he give the ump the evil eye or something?

Nope, he was walking away and made a few hand gestures that the ball was outside and he gets tossed. :huh:

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 02:06 PM)
As an aside to the ump debate, I would just like to say that Carl f***ing sucks and that's pretty much all there is to it. He's a #6 hitter in a decent lineup.

how many #6 hitters could hit for 30 Hrs and 100 Rbi, cause that;s were Carl was going before they benched him for Frank.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 12:06 PM)
As an aside to the ump debate, I would just like to say that Carl f***ing sucks and that's pretty much all there is to it. He's a #6 hitter in a decent lineup.

I agreee that he is not a #3 hitter, but i wouldn't say he sucks. He is a much better right handed hitter though, so i wouldn't mind KW getting a legit LH power hitter, who can get on base and hit for avg as well.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 02:08 PM)
how many #6 hitters could hit for 30 Hrs and 100 Rbi, cause that;s were Carl was going before they benched him for Frank.

Carl has a .759 OPS. How many teams in baseball have a #3 hitter with a lower OPS? I would venture to say none.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 02:08 PM)
Carl is a proven idiot, so that wouldn't bother me too much.

You know if I click on your name and look at your posts almost every one is negative. Why come on here and be an asshole 9 out of 10 posts. Just save yourself the trouble and us the headache.

I can see criticizing something, but that's all you f***in do...get a life

Edited by Controlled Chaos

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 01:06 PM)

He's just in a slump, which pretty much every hitter goes through. He's been one of our most reliable hitters all year.